Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

i do not want a game we lose especially

michlady77

big loss

we gave to dhiw we and big ten are not iverrated

i dont mind close games or well played games but i have been to my shate of losing bowl games

Right there with ya MLady - Rose Bowls have not been kind (at the hands of mostly USC) for 40 years. Would be great to win a BCS game though - true measure if we're truly 'back'.

You rather win easily against an average opponent than be challenged by a great team? Is that what it means for Michigan to be back? To play TCU? Or how about to play Ok State or Alabama? Isn't that the level Michigan wants to get back to or were they never really at that level?

It doesn't go, leaders and best (as long as we don't play the best teams).

johnny2x2x said:
You rather win easily against an average opponent than be challenged by a great team? Is that what it means for Michigan to be back? To play TCU? Or how about to play Ok State or Alabama? Isn't that the level Michigan wants to get back to or were they never really at that level?

It doesn't go, leaders and best (as long as we don't play the best teams).

You know exactly what she means. We're still recovering from the worst three-year stretch in our history where even your team was able to beat us. Enough said.

manchild98 said:
I'd like to see us play against the best team possible.

There you go. Who wouldn't? 10-2 is 10-2 and you should be able to play with anyone. I can understand not wanting an Alabama team that maybe would be looking to prove a point after getting left out of the title game, but other than that if you want to be considered one of the best programs you have to want to play the best programs.

johnny2x2x said:
manchild98 said:

There you go. Who wouldn't? 10-2 is 10-2 and you should be able to play with anyone. I can understand not wanting an Alabama team that maybe would be looking to prove a point after getting left out of the title game, but other than that if you want to be considered one of the best programs you have to want to play the best programs.

Actually I would really like to play Alabama. Give them a preview of what they are up against in the first game next year. If you get whipped then you have the whole off season to try and plot your revenge.

i like playing serious competition i just don't want it to be overreaching

i want the top game next year

LSU may be the only team that could beat Bama. Sparty found out how good they were last year. I would welcome playing Stanford or even OKSU, but Bama is clearly on another level this year. As long as we don't draw bama, i'll be happy.

You want to play a big game now, next year is promised to no one and you're losing some key players, especially on defense. Who's to say Michigan wins 8 games next year? You never know, so play a big game this year if you can.

It's not like it's in anyone's control though. The stupid BCS is beyond understanding.

johnny2x2x said:
You want to play a big game now, next year is promised to no one and you're losing some key players, especially on defense. Who's to say Michigan wins 8 games next year? You never know, so play a big game this year if you can.

It's not like it's in anyone's control though. The stupid BCS is beyond understanding.

We play bama next year to start the season.

Who cares if Michigan were to play Bama.. Most people would predict Michigan to lose and at that point there is nothing to lose.. If they win, that would be almost like hitting the jackpot..

I am betting bama goes to the NC for a rematch with LSU and Michigan gets OkSt in the Sugar. If Michigan steps up and plays well, they can hang with anyone.
Go Blue!

johnny2x2x said:
manchild98 said:

Really, you're going to talk to us about what it takes to be considered one of the best programs?

I want to play KSU, they give us the best chance of winning without beating a patsy. Boise would be very interesting though too but those boys scare me in bowl games with all their wackiness and being totally rested by playing a high school level schedule.

I want to see M play the best possible team and take my chances.

Back