Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I don't understand the outrage

brandonlaz

Don't get me wrong I am upset as anyone losing to ND and especially getting shut out. I have seen to many comments about the season is over, blah blah blah.

1) DG is the starting QB and should stay as such. He is better than Morris, and yes he had a bad stat line today, but when your RB can not even get above 3 yards per carry that puts to much on any QB to be successful.

2) We only have 1 game in which I don't think we have much of a chance in winning on the schedule and that is MSU. I mean our schedule is really easy this year does anyone truly think anyone outside of MSU is better than us? A strong 10+ maybe even 11 win season if we can somehow steal the MSU game is still well within reason.

3) Quit asking for Hoke to be gone who will we get that is better? Hoke understands the tradition cares about the tradition, and will do whatever it takes to win us Big 10 and National Championships.

Be a true fan support your team this year trust in the coaches and watch our development. Like Hoke said we have a resilient bunch. I don't think for a second they will let this loss derail the season and we will still win a bunch of games possibly even a Big 10 championship.

Don't get me wrong I am upset as anyone losing to ND and especially getting shut out. I have seen to many comments about the season is over, blah blah blah.

1) DG is the starting QB and should stay as such. He is better than Morris, and yes he had a bad stat line today, but when your RB can not even get above 3 yards per carry that puts to much on any QB to be successful.

2) We only have 1 game in which I don't think we have much of a chance in winning on the schedule and that is MSU. I mean our schedule is really easy this year does anyone truly think anyone outside of MSU is better than us? A strong 10+ maybe even 11 win season if we can somehow steal the MSU game is still well within reason.

3) Quit asking for Hoke to be gone who will we get that is better? Hoke understands the tradition cares about the tradition, and will do whatever it takes to win us Big 10 and National Championships.

Be a true fan support your team this year trust in the coaches and watch our development. Like Hoke said we have a resilient bunch. I don't think for a second they will let this loss derail the season and we will still win a bunch of games possibly even a Big 10 championship.

Stuff like this is why I hate it when women call into sports talk radio shows.

Trusting in Ra Ra Hoke is a hard thing to do when his best season was with
Rich Rod players :/

It has been all down hill since then....So far...

Last edited:
And trust us we ARE the true fans that you are talking about....

Trusting in Ra Ra Hoke is a hard thing to do when his best season was with
Rich Rod players :/

It has been all down hill since then....So far...

We will see again I only see us losing 1-3 more games this year. A 9-4 season is nothing to be ashamed of and personally I am still thinking an 11-2 season is much more likely. The bowl game is the only question mark outside of MSU which I think will be a loss, but obviously am hoping for a win. Heck even a Big 10 championship game isn't out of the question due to the only true game in which I see us losing is MSU.

Really, after last night I am not sure what to expect from this team. Before last night I thought Michigan had a chance to win every game and even give sparty a fight. Now, I don't know. Are we looking at another season like last year?

Bw5VJteCcAAXpwL.jpg:large

Devin is incapable, after 5 years, of NOT locking onto receivers. The line was fine IMO. ND was blitzing every single down because Devin was unable to do anything in the middle; despite having time to do so.

Last edited:
Devin "a wing and a prayer" Gardner. His problem lies between his ears. Not sure if it's intelligence or confidence or both but he is lacking.

I think that the outrage could be from this.

UM's won 3 of its last 10 games, with a miracle win at N'Western, a win despite giving up 47 points to Indiana at home, and App State.

We as a fan base thought UM took a step back in '12 and many bought into the "the record is worse but the team is better" given that three losses were to the 2 teams that played in the National Championship game and at OSU in a game the team should have won. But they didn't win that game because Al Borges' playcalling was so indescribably assinine, we struggled to comprehend it and put our disdain for it into words.

Then last year mystifying performances in losses to PSU, Nebraska, and Iowa caused many to wonder if Hoke's shelf life had expired. Is he the guy whose contribution to the program will be conference titles and national rankings? Many thought and/or hoped yes. Now it's looking like he may be the guy whose contribution to the program will be the bridge between Rich Rod and the coach who wins with the program as he couldn't. Maybe it's ok to have a coach who needs a map to find his way around Ann Arbor at first?

Then we were filled with hope by the move of Ryan to MLB, talk of a more aggressive and revamped defense, and the hiring of a real OC. Maybe Hoke IS the guy, and Borges was just holding the program back. We all rejoiced when Borges was fired and celebrated like it was 1999! (or 7)

Then an incredibly lopsided loss with an awful defense and inexplicable mistakes and decisions left everyone baffled.

How's that for a start?

Last edited:
I am deeply disappointed (maybe outraged) that Michigan lost so badly even after ND lost 5(?) starters to its academic scandal. I was thinking that this would be a win, but Michigan lost two D backs to injury and the D goes down the tubes. And the O had an incoherent game plan. What was the closest they came to scoring a TD? Did they ever even make it in side the 10? I don't think so. The O looked really weak. Although the score looks bad, looking at the box score ND did not have a great game. It was just that Michigan played so very poorly.

Yup, it's the idea that this guy, or that guy, was the problem during the Hoke era. And we're starting to run out of people to blame other than Hoke. We scored 0 points AND ND was passing 10 yards per play with almost no contention. Everything was wrong and Hoke is still winless on the road against ranked teams. That is the problem here. Hoke wins all the easy games, some of them in crazy fashion, but fails to win any of the tough games on the road. We are not as bad as we were under rich rod, but we're never going to be great under Hoke; which is what I think a lot of people are realizing after that game. Talent is no longer an excuse.

I think the biggest thing for me is the constant looming of yet another coaching change. Yes, we could still win the big ten but at this point it's not even about this year. It's the idea that we probably can't do anything great with this staff in place -- at least no evidence suggests we're heading in the right direction. At places like MSU or OSU, if they have a bad season they can at least have hope for the next year because they have confidence in their coaches (and rightfully so).

Last edited:
Bad QB. Bad OL. Bad DL. Bad DBs. Bad Special Teams. Bad preparation. Bad execution. In the last game versus a rival. So, of course there cause to expect something different in the weeks to come. This PROGRAM is dysfunctional.

I'm not sure what to think about this one...

on one hand, seems this loss was worse on the scoreboard than it was on the field. If Wile hits one or both of those FGs, the score probably would've been something like UM 6, ND 7 at the half. Or maybe we'd even have a lead & some more momentum.
Instead, ND capitalized on good field position twice, and we were in a 14-0 hole, despite moving the ball reasonably well.

on the other hand, our gameplan to get back into it was an illogical disaster... no consistent focus on one thing, no guts, it looked like we were afraid to make plays on offense, and this was against a defense riddled with suspensions??? the result left no room for doubt.

like Byco said, this program is dysfunctional. so while I'm thinking we need to just move on and see how the rest of the season goes before we start jumping to conclusions... it's pretty hard to look at that final score and not be concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what to think about this one...

on one hand, seems this loss was worse on the scoreboard than it was on the field. If Wile hits one or both of those FGs, the score probably would've been something like UM 6, ND 7 at the half. Or maybe we'd even have a lead & some more momentum.
Instead, ND capitalized on good field position twice, and we were in a 14-0 hole, despite moving the ball reasonably well.

on the other hand, our gameplan to get back into it was an illogical disaster... no consistent focus on one thing, no guts, it looked like we were afraid to make plays on offense, and this was against a defense riddled with suspensions??? the result left no room for doubt.

like Byco said, this program is dysfunctional. so while I'm thinking we need to just move on and see how the rest of the season goes before we start jumping to conclusions... it's pretty hard to look at that final score and not be concerned.

I pretty much said that at halftime. Everything went nd's way and the hole was too big to get out of. there was that Official Review early on that was clearly out of bounds, but deemed a catch and the missed FGs from Wile ...I don't know what I would have done if I were at the game.

At least in Dallas they sold beer during the Alabama game and the TV in the stadium was just as good as the one at my buddy's house.

If, if, if.

Notre Dame moved the ball at will on Michigan. The secondary gave up whatever Notre Dame wanted. Michigan couldn't do ANYTHING on offense. And when Gardner did get a pocket to throw in (which was rare), he couldn't put the ball where it needed to be.

No I do not understand the outrage. Our record is 2-1 which is what was expected at this point in the season. We still have a lot of season left and a Big Ten Championship is still within reason as I stated in my first post.

You don't understand the outrage? Come on man. The team beat Appy State and Miami Ohio. The Miami game was horrible. ND clobbered Michigan. And a 9-4 record is not acceptable, because that means Michigan again did not win the Big Ten, and this is Hoke's fourth year.

You know that this team is truly in the gutter when you hear the Big House booing Michigan going into halftime with a lead. We are all embarrassed with what has been on the field. There has been nothing shown that makes any of us believe this team will compete. I shudder at what MSU and OSU will do to this team.

Last edited:
Back