Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jackson Jobe called up

Tigers calling up Jackson Jobe, MLB's top-ranked pitching prospect.
Tigers official site

What to expect from MLB's top-ranked pitching prospect Jobe in bigs.
MLB.com

He’s Here! Detroit promotes Jackson Jobe, the league’s best pitching prospect.
As if this month couldn’t have been more exciting for Tigers fans!
BYBTB

While initial reactions to Jobe’s promotion seemed to indicate that he would not be eligible for a potential playoff series, but further digging revealed that the Tigers can use an exemption from the MLB to use Jobe as a replacement for pitcher Sawyer Gipson-Long, who was on the original 40-man roster but has missed the entire season recovering from Tommy John surgery.

RHP Shelby Miller (4.53 ERA and 4.48 FIP in 51 appearances) was designated for assignment to clear room for Jobe, who was not on the 40-man roster. Miller had a team option for the 2025 season, which is now void.

Tigers top pitching prospect Jackson Jobe 'joining the hunt' in postseason push.
Detnews

Detroit Tigers promote top pitching prospect Jackson Jobe for MLB debut in playoff push.
Freep

Tigers to call up top pitching prospect Jackson Jobe.
espn

I'm not sure what sense this makes besides taking the "awe shucks" moment out of him when they do eventually call him up.. he has been at AAA for like 2 weeks and has gotten lit up.

Jobe has pitched a total of 91.2 innings in the minors in 2024. I wonder what his innings limit is for the rest of the year, and how many innings does he have left going forward, and into the playoffs if they clinch a spot?

Jackson Jobe is ready for the Show.
The top pitching prospect in baseball isn’t a finished product by a longshot, but he’s already good enough to give the Tigers a real weapon out of their bullpen.
BYBTB

WATERCOOLER WEDNESDAY.
Totally Tigers

In a surprise to everyone, including the most-connected sports writers, the Detroit Tigers called up Jackson Jobe to Detroit.
PoBO Scott Harris had emphasized throughout the year that Jobe would not skip AAA Toledo. He was recently promoted there and started 2 games. He was 1-0 with a 6.00 ERA and 1.889 WHIP.
During this season, Jobe has advanced through 3 minor league levels before being promoted to Detroit.
Depending upon the ranking system, Jackson has regularly appeared as the #1, #2 or #3 prospect in MLB. He is universally ranked as the game’s best pitching prospect.
The Tigers plan on using him in the bullpen right now, not as a starter. It is believed he will pitch in Wednesday’s game.

What do you think of the move?
What do you think about the promotion of Jackson Jobe?

1. Brilliant!

2. Surprised.

3. Too soon/too risky.

VOTE

I'm not sure what sense this makes besides taking the "awe shucks" moment out of him when they do eventually call him up.. he has been at AAA for like 2 weeks and has gotten lit up.

There is a major issue with pitcher development in Toledo.

I think he will be fine.

9 IP. Which basically means nothing. I think lit up is an over exaggeration.

Jackson Jobe's quote on his October role will fire up Tigers fans.
Bullpen Jobe is a different breed.
MCBTB
I'm one fan that doesn't get excited about a young, immature pitcher saying he is going to go out there and "empty the tank". A guy that is used to starting and then going out there and trying to throw 100+ MPH makes me worry about his health more than anything else. We don't need this guy throwing out his arm because he is in a situation that he isn't used to being in.

Back