Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jim Schwartz Post Game Presser

tbone413

It looks like some people (cough cough GOZ) are going to be doing alot of sprints tomorrow at practice.

Schwartz did not seem happy at all about the way his team played. He said they could play a lot better in all the phases of the game.

Good to have a coach who doesnt except just scraping by - he demands excellence.

http://www.detroitlions.com/media-center....a-62d58d4d9 8b3

Goz is gonna catch HELL! I agree with him too; glad we got the win, but it shouldn't have come down to the final play.

Poor passes by stafford missing pettigrew in end zone and CJ twice in end zone in first qtr
heller drop pick 6
Pettidrop TD
40 yds passing in 2nd half
Not much pressure from dline
Missed tackles on ST leading to big returns
Not being able to stop drives at end of half and end of game.
Not being able to run for a first down to put nail in coffin
Cherlius bonehead play to stop clock
.....theres probably a laundry list more but thats a lot of mistakes.

Defensive backs surpassed my expectations
we stopped the run much better than i thought we would
Really efficient and well executed offense in 1st half

Our ball control offense and their 3 and outs in first half basically bought us the game. But i can see why Schwartz would think we did a lot to try to give it away.

mhughes0021 said:
Poor passes by stafford missing pettigrew in end zone and CJ twice in end zone in first qtr
heller drop pick 6
Pettidrop TD

Our ball control offense and their 3 and outs in first half basically bought us the game. But i can see why Schwartz would think we did a lot to try to give it away.

I agree with everything that you have said however I would like to point out that Pettigrew's drop wasn't Stafford's fault. I agree that he blew the TD pass to Calvin in the corner of the endzone, but the one to Pettigrew is all on Pettigrew. The ball hit him right in the hands and simply dropped it.

love Schwartz and his high level of expectations from his team

jrick45 said:
mhughes0021 said:
heller drop pick 6
Pettidrop TD

I agree with everything that you have said however I would like to point out that Pettigrew's drop wasn't Stafford's fault. I agree that he blew the TD pass to Calvin in the corner of the endzone, but the one to Pettigrew is all on Pettigrew. The ball hit him right in the hands and simply dropped it.

love Schwartz and his high level of expectations from his team

ya thats the play i was referring to by "pettidrop td". The play i mean when he missed him was the first drive inside the 20 when we had to settle for our first FG. Pett was wide open and staff led him too much.

Good win, had to hold on at the end which was nerve wracking.

"The film session isn't going to be pleasant tomorrow."

I love this guy.

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say the right side of our O-line is mentally retarded.

Romneybot said:
I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say the right side of our O-line is mentally retarded.

In my mind sometimes I imagine that I'm 10 feet tall, 520lbs and living in the city of Detroit. I go to a lions practice, hop the gate, calmly walk over to Goz, slap the shit out of him, and just stand there daring him to do anything. This dude makes some of the most boneheaded plays ever.

lol if I'm 10ft tall then maybe I can just step over it

Back