Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Johnson & Johnson

brutesquad

Would you, right now, trade Calvin Johnson to the houston texans straight up fo Andre Johnson?

I'm not sure i would. Maybe. Age and contract.. chemistry with the quarterback. All things considered its still a hard decision. Wich means Chris Carter needs to suck my dick!

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]no. and i don't think the texans would either.

The Texans would do that in a heartbeat simply because of age. Calvin is over 4 years younger then Andre and they both play at about the same level. the answer is Calvin by a mile, for the reason I said above.

The better question is if you could have one for just one season who would you take. Thats a much tougher decision, but I'd learn toward Calvin simply because hes such a physical freak.

Also after looking up their age found out Calvin's birthday was yesterday, maybe he has something big planned for this Sunday. Nate did say he was working on a big celebration if the time was right during the season and what better place to do it then a couple days after your birthday against "America's Team".

both studs...absolute 1 and 1a in top WR category.

Calvin has the edge for being younger....both would thrive as they are now if swapped , Andre with Staff and Calvin with Schaub.

Calvin may even put up bigger numbers in Houston with a healthy Arian Foster.

but no....because of the age factor..wouldn't do that deal.

No way I'd make that trade, but I think Andre Johnson is the better player, which is hard to explain. I think if he had Calvin's physical gifts he'd be better than Calvin. But, he doesn't, and there is no other player I'd want in the NFL in the red zone than Calvin Johnson.

tsmith7559 said:
Andre is only costing $6Mill/yr through 2014

actually 7+...he gets annual 1 million dollar workout bonuses and he also has 10 million in performance based incentives.

Physically Calvin is superior in every way, Andre might be a better route runner and have a little better hands. Andre also comes out of his breaks quicker.

Calvin is the man though and draws more double teams and that helps his team more, especially when you have weapons all around him who can make you pay. Calvin is younger too. i don't think there's a GM in football who wouldn't take Calvin over Andre right now.

SLICK said:
tsmith7559 said:
Andre is only costing $6Mill/yr through 2014

actually 7+...he gets annual 1 million dollar workout bonuses and he also has 10 million in performance based incentives.

still $3-5 Mill less than Calvin over the same period

tsmith7559 said:
SLICK said:

still $3-5 Mill less than Calvin over the same period

good deal for the Texans then....

johnny2x2x said:
Physically Calvin is superior in every way, Andre might be a better route runner and have a little better hands. Andre also comes out of his breaks quicker.

Calvin is the man though and draws more double teams and that helps his team more, especially when you have weapons all around him who can make you pay. Calvin is younger too. i don't think there's a GM in football who wouldn't take Calvin over Andre right now.

been a Texan fan since they came into the league , and I watch every single game...obviously you don't.

Andre gets Safety over the top as much if not more then Calvin.

SLICK said:

Calvin has the edge for being younger....both would thrive as they are now if swapped , Andre with Staff and Calvin with Schaub.

Where do you rank Fitz?

miggytron said:
SLICK said:

Where do you rank Fitz?

right behind those 2.

Calvin is 4 years younger and still has more upside.. He is bigger and faster as well.. Andre is the better route runner and not by a huge amount.. I'd take Calvin by a country mile..

I honestly think both have the same hands.. C.J's hands are very underrated.. I think the big difference in stats is due to the superior route running of Andre.. It's bigger than most people think, but can be taught..

dtroitlionsfan951 said:
SLICK said:
gimme a buzz when Calvin catches 100 balls in a year.

the same could be said with andre johnson and double digit touchdowns..
+1... I think Johnson is slightly overrated.. Sure he's the best, but he's not the most dominant receiver either.. He's no Jerry Rice, Tim Brown or Randy Moss of this era..

Back