Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Johnson & Johnson

dtroitlionsfan951 said:
SLICK said:
gimme a buzz when Calvin catches 100 balls in a year.

the same could be said with andre johnson and double digit touchdowns..

Have to admit, gotcha you on that Slick.

:)

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
dtroitlionsfan951 said:
the same could be said with andre johnson and double digit touchdowns..

Have to admit, gotcha you on that Slick.

:)

2007 - 2010

Andre - 362 rec 5211 yds 33 TDs -- 54 games

Calvin - 270 rec 4191 yds 33 TDs -- 60 games

Consistency at QB has helped A Johnson over CJ the last few years...true he's never caught double digit TDs , not sure why but from watching them play alot they seem to go away from him inside the red zone , while the Lions seem to feed Calvin.

Calvin also breaks more long catch and runs over Andre...where as Andre does quite alot more cruising into the middle then Calvin does.

Like I stated 1 and 1a....both have things they do better and worse then the other.

I would take Andre, cause on a radio show I heard some former WR say that Calvin isn't even a Top 5 WR and he is good not elite. jk I would keep Calvin cause of the age factor, plus I think they are pretty much equal.

I think CJ gets underrated by some of these bozo former wide outs mostly because they haven't played with them. I'll take the option of current players who have to guard him.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I think CJ gets underrated by some of these bozo former wide outs mostly because they haven't played with them. I'll take the option of current players who have to guard him.

alot of former players underrate players because of natural freak abilities...especially if they didn't play with those kinds of abilities......its the same with suh/mccoy debate...one was pronounced to be better pro "ready" because of technique and such.......but when your a freak of nature..you don't have to be perfect at the little things.....

Through their first four seasons........

Andre: 311 receptions for 3,953 yards and 17 touchdowns.

Calvin: 270 receptions for 4,191 yards and 33 touchdowns.

Back