Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Last play- No TD?

dubbsco

When we did the squib kick with 2 seconds left, why didn't we get 6 points for that? The guy looked like he got across the line. That would have been awesome for the stat line.

Nah, TRob's knee hit at about the 1 before he was able to break the plane. Would have been great though!

Yeah I've watched the replay about 900 times of the last 30 seconds, you are probably right.

I have it on right now too. haha.....can't seem to stop watching. I love the minute or so in between the last touchdown and the kickoff where it's just crowdshots and 115,000 people doing the bass line from Seven Nation Army or whatever it is.

bamf16 said:
I have it on right now too. haha.....can't seem to stop watching. I love the minute or so in between the last touchdown and the kickoff where it's just crowdshots and 115,000 people doing the bass line from Seven Nation Army or whatever it is.

That shot was incredible. Everyone wearing Maize, singing The White Stripes, and shaking those pom poms. Looked awesome on camera. What a great game for the recruits to be at....

doinwork83 said:
bamf16 said:

That shot was incredible. Everyone wearing Maize, singing The White Stripes, and shaking those pom poms. Looked awesome on camera. What a great game for the recruits to be at....

Yeah how can a recruit even for basketball say they don't want to play in front of that kind of crowd.

I think that there is a rule about not being able to advance a fumbled kick? The ball would have been spotted at the point of possession on the 8 or so.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Can you advance a fumble on a kick-off?

I think so. you can't advance the kickoff if the receiving team hasn't touched it yet though.

architect said:
I think that there is a rule about not being able to advance a fumbled kick? The ball would have been spotted at the point of possession on the 8 or so.

Correction, it was recovered around the 20. Not sure what the call should have been.

I can't remember if the guy had possession or not, but if he did, you can advance for sure. If they don't touch it at all, you can't(happened in Auburn game).

doinwork83 said:
bamf16 said:

It was just the most incredible sports atmosphere I've ever experienced. The Big House is usually like a church. My son and I were hoarse by the time the game ended because we had to yell into each other's ear to be heard. The pom-poms were kinda queer, I thought, until I looked around the stadium and say 113,000 of them moving together that Eminem song they played a couple of times. The Desmond Howard tribute was outstanding. The video montage they put together for "This Is Michigan" was excellent. The player introductions on the scoreboard was awesome. I agree 100%. If I was a recruit at that game, I would commit on the spot.

I think the Michigan player would have been marked down about 6 inches from the endzone.

just my opinion...

I recorded the game and watched that last play in slow motion. It looked like his knee was down *just* before the ball crossed the plane. Too bad; that would've been the icing on the cake.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Can you advance a fumble on a kick-off?

You can advance a FUMBLE on either a punt or a kickoff. You can NOT advace a muffed punt or a free ball on a kickoff.

Since that was actually a fumble the return was legal and would've been a TD if he'd have gotten in.

Back