Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mayocks Top 5 By Position

lions2011

As Senior Bowl all-star practices kicked off Monday in Mobile, NFL Network

kingofdetroit57 said:
Apparently he forgot Jared Crick plays DT/DE. He's better than all those guys listed.

As a 3-4 DE sure, but not in terms of anything else. He's a poor man's JJ Watt.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
kingofdetroit57 said:
Apparently he forgot Jared Crick plays DT/DE. He's better than all those guys listed.

As a 3-4 DE sure, but not in terms of anything else. He's a poor man's JJ Watt.
Crick performed better in a tougher conference and on a bigger stage than any of those guys. Had he not torn his pec and missed this year he'd be the #1 DE/DT prospect, hands down.

2012 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:
Jared Crick, DT, Nebraska
Jared Crick hopes to follow the newly-found tradition of the Nebraska Huskers putting elite defenders into the NFL. Crick had 18.5 sacks in his 2009 and 2010 seasons. He's been quieter this year with double-teams in his face all season, but is still considered near the Top 5 at his position.

Crick has the size to play anywhere along the defensive line in a 3-4 or 4-3 defense. He'll need to continue to add girth to his frame to quell the doubters who question his size to play defensive tackle at the next level. The problem is that undersized players must lean on athleticism or a certain explosion off the line to get penetration, yet Crick doesn't possess either. As a pass-rusher, he doesn't have an array of moves to get around the blocker.

Thankfully, Crick has a good motor and goes all out. He also does well against the run, maintaining gap integrity. Using better pad level would greatly improve his presence inside, but since he is so tall, blockers will often get under him and push him laterally to create running lanes.

Crick lacks first-round athleticism, which should push him into the early second round in the 2012 NFL Draft.

Maybe I'm a Crick slappy, but whatever. I think Coples, Perry and Worthy are also damn fine players, but none of them produced like Crick did when he was healthy and playing better competition. Get him next to Suh, Fairley and KVB and our D-line is scary. We could let Avril walk and save the money for a CJ contract, then come back with interior OL and DBs in the the 2nd round and beyond.

I know, but I've seen him mocked in the late 1st round elsewhere.

Coples seems to be the one most think will go top ten, but I actually watched him play twice this year on TV and wasn't terribly impressed with him. He's big and had a good first step, but seemed kinda slow and tended to get shoved out of position and tried to make diving tackles a lot more than an end should. He got away with it against an ACC schedule, but I think if he was in the SEC, Big 12 or Big 10, he wouldn't look nearly as dominant as some think he is.

Contrasting him to Crick, Crick looked nearly as dominant as Suh did in '10 and '11 against some damn good competition. I think the pec injury and missed time has more to do with him dropping than anything else. People tend to forget about you or write you off when you aren't on the field.

I'm definitely not knocking those other guys listed, I'm just a lot higher on Crick.

Adams is beasting at Senior Bowl pratices...he had a great day yesterday.

SLICK said:
I like him a lot. I'd be okay with us taking him in the 1st. I doubt he'll be there when we pick in the 2nd.

Eye poppers for me is Dre Kirkpatrick 5th on his list and he has Worthy listed as the 2nd overall DT. Like Worthy but thats the highest ive seen him rated. Dre dropping to 23rd would be interesting.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
SLICK said:

I remember Craig Roh beasting him. I

he got bullrushed once pretty good....other then that he was outstanding.

Back