Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MCC 35 Ottawa Lake WhiteFord 6 Final D-8

biggunsbob

Preview Game is at Ford Field at 10:00 Am Friday November 25th.
Division 8
Semifinal games

Muskegon Catholic Central 35, St Ignace 0.
Ottawa Lake Whiteford 40, Saginaw Michigan Lutheran Seminary 21.

Bracket
http://highschoolsports.mlive.com/tournament/57795/

My prediction before playoffs it started was MCC verses Climax Scott.

Muskegon Catholic Central (163) (13-0) vs Ottawa Lake Whiteford (242) (13-0).

MCC is 469-196-7 since 1953 and they are 2-1 in class B title games all-time.They are 3-1 All-time in Class C title games and since moving to division setup they are 6-1 in title games including three in a row in division 7&8. That is 11-3 all time in championship games.Ottawa Lake Whitford is a tad bigger school and will making its first title game appearance they are 330-228-4 since 1957. I do not see any common opponents. MCC is flat out one of the best private school football machines in the state. I just do not see Ottawa lake keeping this close Sticking with my Muskegon Catholic Central can beat anyone by 10+ in division 8.

Points for and against
MCC is at 577/71 and they have 5 shutouts including 3 in a row in the playoffs.
http://michigan-football.com/f/muskcc.htm

OLW is at 585/250 and have one shutout on the season.

http://michigan-football.com/f/whitford.htm

Last edited:
Mcc is playing a freshmen qb I think Size wise they look pretty equal to me. Bobcats may be a tad bigger then mcc.Mcc has alot of weapons and can throw .OLW is a running team.OLW took opening drive and went for it on fourth down at Mcc 40 and was stopped. Mcc went 3 and out and punted on thier first drive.
Bobcats 14 play drive gets stopped at Cursaders 20. 0-0 after one. 21 plays to 4 in the first quarter but alas no points is a killer for the bobcats. Mcc driving now on second possesion. Man mcc is just to fast. Not scoring in first quarter may doom the bobcats. Touchdown Cursaders 7-0. Bobcats stopped on 4th down again and give ball back to mcc at the 50 . Big trouble brewing if mcc scores on this drive. Big 3 and out for Bobcats defense . Cursaders are now bottlin up the Bobcats running game. 81 yard touchdown off of faking the counter play by the Bobcats by qb. 2pt conversion is no good mcc leads 7-6.nice run by qb. Bobcats defense holds on 4th and 10 right before half at thier own 12ish yard line. Mcc gets the second half kickoff, and they lead 7-6 at halftime.

Last edited:
OLW tries a onside kick to start second half and it was not a good idea. Mcc with great field position, and they score easily 6 plays later just with running plays.
PAT GOOD 14-6 mcc. OLW penalty and fumble snap kills a drive and they have to punt and mcc can probably put this game away with a td. The do and it's 21-6 now.
Mcc stops them again on 4th down and have a short field again.

Last edited:
That is that 28-6 and 9 minutes left. 1st quarter killed the Bobcats from Whitford.
21 plays to 4 and it was still 0-0 after one. They needed to convert one of those drives. Bobcats stopped on 4th and 2 again. Playcalling really suspect on 4th downs. 0 for 5 on 4th downs is stat of the game.

Last edited:
Cursaders will improve to 14-0 and this is the 4th divison 8 title in a row and 12th overall for muskegon Catholic Central. They are now tied for second overall in championship tying Detroit DT Martin Deporres, and trail Farmington Hills Harrison by 1. Deporres closed after 2004 sesson and Harrison is a great program.

The Bobcats from Whitford will fall to 13-1 on the season. First quarter killed Whitford as they had the ball for over 10 minutes but did not score. I am sure MCC will be close to the championship again next season as the have a freshmen qb, and are pretty darn young.

Last edited:
Back