Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Monty fired

Maybe for Vasaell. Johnson is a mediocre shooter and bad defender.

Trading Cade for anyone on that Spurs roster (other than Wemby, which obviously won't happen) would be a mistake. I guess three first round picks is cool, but with Wemby in the picture, those would probably be late first round picks. You guys also have no shortage of picks. Need to start developing guys, and that means holding them beyond their rookie contract.

What the market says Cade is worth, you pay him. If that ends up being the max (hopefully not supermax), so be it.

Trading Cade for anyone on that Spurs roster (other than Wemby, which obviously won't happen) would be a mistake. I guess three first round picks is cool, but with Wemby in the picture, those would probably be late first round picks. You guys also have no shortage of picks. Need to start developing guys, and that means holding them beyond their rookie contract.

What the market says Cade is worth, you pay him. If that ends up being the max (hopefully not supermax), so be it.

I'm with you but if anyone it sure as hell isn't Keldon Johnson.

He's empty stats.

Cade has substantially more in him than Johnson.

I'm with you but if anyone it sure as hell isn't Keldon Johnson.

He's empty stats.

Cade has substantially more in him than Johnson.

It's hard to believe he's already been in the league for five years. I'd rather have Vassell, if I was going to pick one.

Anyway, Cavs have hired Atkinson, so he's an assistant off the board. I've been hearing that Detroit is hiring Borrego now, so I think I was wrong about it being Cassell. c

Pistons doing Pistons things. How do you not have a new coach and the draft is tomorrow?

Pistons doing Pistons things. How do you not have a new coach and the draft is tomorrow?

That’s the big thing. They’re going to draft someone, and he’s not going to be the head coach’s guy. Everyone says it’s a crap draft anyway, but you’d like to have the head coach present for this.

That’s the big thing. They’re going to draft someone, and he’s not going to be the head coach’s guy. Everyone says it’s a crap draft anyway, but you’d like to have the head coach present for this.
it really doesn't matter. The coach will have a little input into the draft, but very little. Even if a coach wants a certain player, the GM and scouts are going to make the decision.

well the draft is tonight. I'm not too excited. The mocks I am reading have them picking some 19 year old from the G league.

well the draft is tonight. I'm not too excited. The mocks I am reading have them picking some 19 year old from the G league.
One of many. Not sure I want another G-leaguer but I have no idea who will be good. I like possibly drafting that 7 foot 2 guy. I forget his name. But at this point the whole draft is a crap shoot.

One of many. Not sure I want another G-leaguer but I have no idea who will be good. I like possibly drafting that 7 foot 2 guy. I forget his name. But at this point the whole draft is a crap shoot.
who is their other G leaguer?

I forgot about OT Elite. Is that better or worse than G-League?
The G League is better, but that doesn't mean there aren't really good players in Overtime Elite. I think the difference is that kids that haven't graduated HS can play in OT Elite.

The G League is better, but that doesn't mean there aren't really good players in Overtime Elite. I think the difference is that kids that haven't graduated HS can play in OT Elite.
So dumb guys? Lol. The one thing I gather from both is they don't teach shooting. Quanity over quality.

So dumb guys? Lol. The one thing I gather from both is they don't teach shooting. Quanity over quality.

The Ignite actually folded this year, so the saga of major prospects going straight from high school to the G-League is over. Seems like their only focus is freak athleticism. Dunking highlights, fancy dribbling, etc.

Back