Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NCAA Lays The Smack Down

thewolverines24

Manziel suspended for the first half against Rice! Whoooooooaaaaa NCAA is really showing their teeth now.

Yep, they really laid the smackdown on this decision. I guess it's not too far-fetched to believe someone would spend hours upon hours signing thousands of autographs for someone else to make money and get nothing in return.

i have a question......what if johhny manziel wanted to start a company....call it "johnys autographs". He purchases a building signs a bunch of helmets n jerseys and sells them to make profit for his company. Wouldnt it be against the law to stop him from doing that just cause there are NCAA rules against it? Id sue the shit out of the NCAA for making money on me and then telling me im legally not able to start my own company.

Last edited:
What a load of crap. The NCAA is so pathetic ....

Jeremy Bloom gets scolded because a goggle company gave him a $45 pair of ski goggles (which all skiers at the olympic level get -- all their equipment is free)

Just come out and admit you have no control over college football programs and the players and drop the bullshit

His wrist hurts more from signing autographs than from the slap on the wrist the NCAA gave him. What a load of crap

Haha... Take that Johnny Football! If that doesn't get his attention, nothing will.

i have a question......what if johhny manziel wanted to start a company....call it "johnys autographs". He purchases a building signs a bunch of helmets n jerseys and sells them to make profit for his company. Wouldnt it be against the law to stop him from doing that just cause there are NCAA rules against it? Id sue the shit out of the NCAA for making money on me and then telling me im legally not able to start my own company.

He can do that. The ncaa doesn't prohibit it. They just prohibit you from playing football after.

I think it's really stupid players CAN'T try to make money off their time playing. Where as the NCAA has made games, sold memorabilia and jerseys etc to make money on them. But players can't sign autographs for money.....or tattoos....whatever floats their boat.

I think it's really stupid players CAN'T try to make money off their time playing. Where as the NCAA has made games, sold memorabilia and jerseys etc to make money on them. But players can't sign autographs for money.....or tattoos....whatever floats their boat.

I don't

Now I do think it's stupid that they can't go pro at 18

Back