Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

new osu tradition - even osu fans think it is stupid

while nothing like Mich treatment in osu, i fear that our fans (young ones) are approaching that

a friend of mine was here for a game, kids in osu shirt, parents not in osu shirts and frats starting yelling and cursing at, and surrounding the kids (age 5 and 8)

i think between language and crosing line of in your face, we have lost what is called healthy sportsmanship

i just hope michigan fans continue to not get carried away

Sadly, the young generation you speak of is very, very stupid.

Last edited:
From your roving reporter...

Have been to two games this year and this new pre-game activity appears to be well received. South stands are full, students are participating and engaged. Am hopeful it will receive a few seconds of pre-game attention when the broadcast begins on November 24.

well this is just wonderful news and great to hear! hopefully the BTN will highlight how awesome and passionate the students are and spend most, if not all, the pregame talking about it.

while nothing like Mich treatment in osu, i fear that our fans (young ones) are approaching that

a friend of mine was here for a game, kids in osu shirt, parents not in osu shirts and frats starting yelling and cursing at, and surrounding the kids (age 5 and 8)

i think between language and crosing line of in your face, we have lost what is called healthy sportsmanship

i just hope michigan fans continue to not get carried away

I'm very disappointed to hear that. What's wrong with people?

From your roving reporter...

Have been to two games this year and this new pre-game activity appears to be well received. South stands are full, students are participating and engaged. Am hopeful it will receive a few seconds of pre-game attention when the broadcast begins on November 24.

I am very mildly dissapointed to hear that. What's wrong with people?

I saw some of that in '07, I think. 40's something ohio guy wearing a Troy Smith jersey was walking with his girlfriend. he was a big dude, and some Michigan students either spit on it or threw some of a drink on it. he stopped for a second, and then just shook his head.

one of the Michigan kids yelled back at him, "Yeah well, have you seen what happens in Columbus?"

was thinking... "uh oh, we're becoming like THEM"

it's like the "You Suck!" at the end of "Temptation." Not sure when that started, but we weren't doing it as of Fall 2001...

I saw some of that in '07, I think. 40's something ohio guy wearing a Troy Smith jersey was walking with his girlfriend. he was a big dude, and some Michigan students either spit on it or threw some of a drink on it. he stopped for a second, and then just shook his head.

one of the Michigan kids yelled back at him, "Yeah well, have you seen what happens in Columbus?"

was thinking... "uh oh, we're becoming like THEM"

it's like the "You Suck!" at the end of "Temptation." Not sure when that started, but we weren't doing it as of Fall 2001...

I've always hated "you suck" too.

I also think the scene along State Street is getting rowdier than it was when I was there.

it seemed like some of the frats "relocated" their game-day parties to the houses on the east side of State St, so there are a lot more students drinking... well... a lot more right up until kickoff.

we need the authorities to come in and knock some sense into these young whippersnappers.

...did I just say that?

The problem with fans is that the art of heckling is being lost in deference to simple beligerent and personal insults.

Last year, when we beat Ohio* the only I said to the OSU fans in front of us was after Miller would miss a wide open pass....

"Wow, you know who would have completed that pass?! Terrelle Pryor. But he cheated and isn't on the team now, so ...."

well this is just wonderful news and great to hear! hopefully the BTN will highlight how awesome and passionate the students are and spend most, if not all, the pregame talking about it.

A few seconds on what promises to be a memorable gameday will suffice. In the meantime, I'm pleased to be able to entertain the cynics.

Last edited:
In the meantime, I'm pleased to be able to entertain the cynics.

Ns8ac.gif

Back