Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Old Tiger Videos

biggunsbob

This is
5/31/1979. (My late fathers birthday. He was 51 . I’m 18.

Underwood vs underwood.

Last edited:
This one is 6/29/85

The Year after after Tigers world series win in 1984.
Tigers were a few games behind the Jay's who took game one of the series. Both teams didn't record a strikeout. Sadly Tigers faded the rest of the year. Wilcox pitched a gem.
Sweet Lou made 2 HOF plays in top of the first.. Bunch of Homer's. Tommy Brooken's diving catch. How did this core only win 1 world series ? Guess unlucky. (1987)
Video quality is good.

Yankees at Tigers
9/18/85
Tigers win 5-2. Many future hall of famers in this game . Alan, Jack, Rickey, Dave , Phil .
Tigers end up 84-77 (3rd). East.
Yankees end up 97-64 2nd) East

Blue jays had 99-62 record and lost to eventual ws champs.
Kansas City who won western division by one game with a 91-71 record.
The old adage just get into the playoffs always seems to work.

Last edited:
Game # 1 1984 ALCS
Detroit Tigers 104-58 vs Kansas City Royals 84-78.
Broadcast team
Al Michaels, Howard Cosell, and Jim Palmer.

Morris vs Black

Final Score Tigers 8 Royals 1 Final.

This Tiger team was so much fun to watch. Great game. Jack had one big early jam he had to get out of. Look who he had to get out, I guy who crushed him normally
They mentioned the umpires strike which I had forgotten about. Also man Jack pitches so fast when he is in motion. After he does his walking around .
Tigers hit 3 homers. Parrish should have had 2 more. Alan almost hits for the cycle.
Jack was fantastic. He even fell down hard in the At against Sheridan.

Last edited:
Note (Kc was 11 games under .500 and ended up 84-78).

Game #2 ALCS Tigers at Royals
ABC Palmer, Micheals, and Cosell
Petry vs Saberhagen
Evans has only 1 sacrifice bunt all season and sparky calls on Evans to lay one down in the top of the 11th. He lays a perfect bunt down for him should have been out . Catcher can’t make the play.
Runners on 1st and 2nd no outs. I know bunting is bad because next batter can’t get the bunt down and Parrish is forced at 3rd. lol. Then hero Grubb comes up next. Double , 2 runs..
I get that bunting isn’t used anymore but it seems if the 2024 tigers could just play a little small ball we could have a few more wins. Sac Flays at least . Hit behind the runners. Ect. He had Grubb 0-2 and check swing made it 1-2 . Nice piece of hitting.

Tigers 5 Royals 3 (11 innings)

Last edited:
Game #3 1984
Kansas City 84-78 at Detroit 104-58.
Tigers up 2-0 in nest of five series
Classic Pitchers duel. As tigers win on Marty Castillo ground out in the 2nd inning
1-0. Wilcox vs Liebrandt. Same crew as the other two games. Note Micheals before the h game mentions the tigers core of Parrish, Trammell, and Whitaker all came up and started within 3 games of each other.

Game #3 1984
Kansas City 84-78 at Detroit 104-58.
Tigers up 2-0 in nest of five series
Classic Pitchers duel. As tigers win on Marty Castillo ground out in the 2nd inning
1-0. Wilcox vs Liebrandt. Same crew as the other two games. Note Micheals before the h game mentions the tigers core of Parrish, Trammell, and Whitaker all came up and started within 3 games of each other.

'77 was a good time. Morris & Rozema also came up in '77. On the other side Willie Horton's last season. And another sad time, a favorite Ben Oglivie last season.

Back