Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Peterman to be released

zay44

Per Dave Birkett on twitter. The move saves the Lions about 3.2 million.

Good move, but only if they get a suitable replacement. Peterman was bad last year, but not as bad as the previous year. I really hope Barrett Jones is there in the 2nd for us.

DOMINOES!!! Just about the only thing holding my interest is seeing what moves they're gonna make right about now. I'd much rather be thinking back on a successful season.............. oh well.

Raiola has to be next.

won't happen....he'll get another year.

replacing the RG wont be to hard...replacing your starting Center and your RG , you're looking for trouble.

Peterman now....Railoa next year.

Can Nagy play guard or did we just open up yet another hole we have to fill this offseason?

won't happen....he'll get another year.

replacing the RG wont be to hard...replacing your starting Center and your RG , you're looking for trouble.

Peterman now....Railoa next year.

Depends on if they think they can replace both with in house players. I know they're pretty high on Bill Nagy and Jason Fox. Nagy can play center and Fox they say can play guard. Problem is weather or not them 2 can stay healthy. With the combination of them being high on a couple of in house players and being able to save a good chunk of Money I can see Raiola being released also.

Last edited:
Depends on if they think they can replace both with in house players. I know they're pretty high on Bill Nagy and Jason Fox. Nagy can play center and Fox they say can play guard. Problem is weather or not them 2 can stay healthy. With the combination of them being high on a couple of in house players and being able to save a good chunk of Money I can see Raiola being released also.

come find me when they release one of their teachers pets...Crayola goes out on his terms...its the way Willy Clay treats loyal warriors.

I say release them all. Fuck by the time we get a new C, and T and RG, Sims will be gone and we'll need a LG too. I want the OL to all be young, keep them here for a while. Not a OL where we have to sign a replacement every 2 years.

Doms already sucked 19 million of that deal up the last few years....for some reason I just think they keep him around....small roster bonus this year 250k , the rest is salary.

I say release them all. Fuck by the time we get a new C, and T and RG, Sims will be gone and we'll need a LG too. I want the OL to all be young, keep them here for a while. Not a OL where we have to sign a replacement every 2 years.

cherilus is a FA this year. At the least Reiff takes his spot. We may need Reiff to play LT if Backus retires. But ya....should be basically a whole new oline within the next year or so. Might need o change my mock back to barret jones in rd 2 lol.

Last edited:
in two years only guy left is likely to be Sims, unless he proves to be a weak link next year.

entire right side of OL sucked based on all the stats i ever saw you guys post, so this should come as no surprise. definitely makes it look more and more like Mayhew was given a "win or you're fired" ultimatum so he's finally making changes that needed to be made before now.

and what will be the cap hit for peterman?

So I'm thinking OL and DL (DE to be precise) are priorities in draft.

Last edited:
So I'm thinking OL and DL (DE to be precise) are priorities in draft.

we've thought that before! lol

still have WR, RB, and DB (S probably more than CB, but CB would still be good), all of which means LB will likely not be addressed again until next year.

guess it will come down to which player/position is worth the price of #5 pick.

so many things that still need to be fixed. ugghhh!

Back