Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pewamo-Westphalia 28 vs Detroit Loyola 14 Final D-7

biggunsbob

Preview
Division 7.
Game will be played at Ford Field On Saturday November 26th at 10:00 AM.

Bracket.
http://highschoolsports.mlive.com/tournament/57794/

Semifinal scores.
Pewamo-Westphalia 34, Ubly 16.
Detroit Loyola 54, Cassopolis 22.

I predicted that Traverse City St Francis would meet Detroit Loyola before playoffs
started.

Pewamo-Westphalia (288) (13-0) vs Detroit Loyola (266) (10-2).

PW is back in the title game after losing the game last season to Ishpeming (22-16) last season and they are 351-181-6 since 1961. They also lost title game in 2011 so they are 0-2 in title games all in division 7. Detroit Loyola is a private school and they are 142-89 all-time since 1995 and this will be the schools four title game as they are 1-2 in division 7 title games all verses Ispheming. PW has that Great running back and the two teams did play last season in the semifinals in which PW beat DL 30-0.. i do think Loyola has a a slightly tougher schedule but its close as PW has played tougher teams in the playoffs in my opinion.
I think Pewamo-Westphalia behind smith gets it done in a close game under 7 points.

Points for and against.
PW is 618/103 and have 6 shutouts on the season.
http://michigan-football.com/f/pewawest.htm

DL is 484/179 and they 2 shutouts on the season.
http://michigan-football.com/f/detloyla.htm

Last edited:
Pw forced a punt and had great field position buy Loyola held on fourth down and the are driving now DL stopped smith twice for losses. DL 9 played drive stopped by PW. PW has to punt as both defenses are playing good.

0-0 after one.

Last edited:
Pw has adjusted its offense and getting some yards but drives stalls inside DL 20..
PW misses a 33 yard fg that looked blocked to me. PW forces a 3 and out and DL has to punt. Play action td on first down for pw from 20 yard line PW has made nice adjustmen's on the fly as DL is keying in the running back smith. Pat good pw 7-0.
DL has to punt again as without both starting running backs they are having trouble moving the ball. PW moved ball but third and fourth and 6th at the DL 30 were not very good play calls.

PW up 7-0 at half and they get kick to start in the third. Alot of wasted points left on the field for the Pirates..

Last edited:
Third quarter starts and PW goes three and out and has to punt. I just hate what PW is doing on offense playing 3 different qb's if I heard them correctly. DL gets a first down and then try's a fake punt.. I think he makes it if he puts his head down. PW defender makes a great tackle. These refs and their spots are just not correct . Runners body never touched the ground.terrible spot. Qb sneak gets it.
Touchdown pirates on a a 2nd down play from yhe 40. Great battle and catch by PW wide out. Great defense also. PW 14-0 4:56 left in the third. This game would be totally different if DL had both of its starting running backs.
PW has been here before up 16-0 last season to Ishpeming before losing 22-16 so can they hang on this year that is the question? On man number 2 the little qb for FL just crushed the pw defender trying to tackle him. That little guy can hit.
9 yard punt sets up PW at DL 30. PW 2 yard td run and that pushes lesd to
21-0 with .34 seconds left in the third.
21-0 end of three.

Last edited:
4th
PW gets a pick at 2 yard line but then has to punt .DL has great field position.
Not sure how PW missed that int DL scores and it is now 21-8 pw. 8 minutes left. PW scores and puts game away 28-8. Not so fast DL scores with 2 minutes left.
2 pt no good 28-14.
28-14 final .. pw is now 1-2 all time in final games and finsh 14-0 this year, and DL is 1-3 alltime in final games, and they finish 11-3 on the year.

Last edited:
Back