Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pistons to hire J.B. Bickerstaff as new head coach

Cam

Cam’tn Crunch
Administrator
Nashville Sounds
Cleveland Cavaliers
Nashville Kats
Pittsburgh Steelers
Nashville Predators
Tampa Bay Rays
Nashville SC
Vanderbilt Commodores
The Detroit Pistons are hiring J.B. Bickerstaff as the franchise's next coach, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Bickerstaff spent the past five seasons as coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers, but was fired despite a second consecutive postseason appearance.

The Pistons are making Bickerstaff the team's third coach in as many years after firing Monty Williams just one year into a six-year, $78.5 million contract.

Source: Sources: Pistons to hire Bickerstaff as new coach

Welp, they've made a decision. I think he's a good hire. I didn't understand Cleveland canning him.

I don't think some players got along with him at the end. Cavs fans say he couldn't win in the playoffs. I just want to not suck so he's fine. Some wanted a 1st time coach but I don't think that works here.. I think he's a defensive minded coach so that's good. But at least he's not an old fart.

I don't think some players got along with him at the end. Cavs fans say he couldn't win in the playoffs. I just want to not suck so he's fine. Some wanted a 1st time coach but I don't think that works here.. I think he's a defensive minded coach so that's good. But at least he's not an old fart.

I don't know, but what do Cavs fans expect? They lost in the second round of the playoffs this year... Against Boston. They were never going to beat Boston, not to mention Mitchell was hurt and missed a couple games in the series. He's had them in the mix. That's exactly what I'd want in Detroit.

With the state they're currently in I think it's a good hire. Took over Memphis and Cleveland in similar spots and the win totals went up quickly.

I didn't realize this, but his dad (Bernie Bickerstaff) is a Senior Advisor for the Cavs. That must have been awkward when they fired his son.

He wants to keep cade or Ivey on the floor at all times. Which was seemingly like splitting atoms to Monty. That alone is huge.

Back