Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

revised season predictions

brutesquad

At the start of the season i was thinking 9-7, but after a 3-0 start 10-6 seems much more achievable. Also since most people dont think we will go 16-0, who hands us our first loss?

Im suckin koolaid, we'll be undefeated at the bye but lose week 10 @ chicago.

LOL....I have an ambulance comin for ya....I think you've OD

so we go 1-6 the last 7 games?

I'm hoping for 6-2 at the bye. Atlanta isn't all that. Dallas either. Monday night Chicago game is HUGE. One week at a time. Get past the Cowboys and it's looking good.

Anything worse than 6-2 and the playoffs look bleak, anything better and they look like a lock. The 2nd half is brutal. Still don't know exactly how good this team is, but I'm not sure any team could do much better than .500 against our last 8 opponents.

mhughes0021 said:
Feel free to revise them again after hits from Ware and Peppers....

Have You Ever Heard of Reggie White? Bubba Smith? Lawrence Taylor? Pansies.

I am a 9-7 guy. I don't think it's time yet to revise predictions, it's only 3 games against 2 bad teams and a decent team (TB). We win in Dallas and that makes us 3-0 on the road to start the season and I think it's time to start reviewing our predictions and goals for this season.

The Monday night game at home against Chicago will be huge and I think emotion wins us that game, so if we beat Dallas we could be 5-0, then it's time to start talking serious things for this year.

I have no idea how those teams finish but they played two 10 game winners from last season, and a team we haven't beat in 13 tries on the road. Not bad.

doinwork83 said:
Whats the sense of making predictions if you can just continuously revise them?

Yep. I expect the lions to win between 3 and 16 games this year.

9-7, they are still a season away from being a truely good team imo but they are much better and are improving quickly.

Well I think we may lose next week.

@ Dallas - L (Another road game against a better opponent, if Romo is out I would say Lions win)
vs. Chicago - W (Home game, on MNF with huge division implications on the line. This game will make or break this season)
vs. 49ers - W (This team is horrid on offense, good for us)
vs. Atlanta - L (This will be close since its at home, but it will be the toughest test of the season)
@ Denver - W (Road game yes, but a team we should be and probably will be favored to win)
Bye
@ Chicago - L (Chicago by this point might be playing for their season, because if they drop two to us..)
vs. Carolina - W (Trap game, but we should win)
vs. Green Bay - L (Yes, I know its home but we don't have enough right now to stop Rodgers)
@ New Orleans - L (Book it)
vs. Minnesota - W (Ponder will be starting by now and we should give him fits)
@ Oakland - L (Raiders play everyone tough for some reason and being on the WC..)
vs. San Diego - W (I like this matchup for us, since its at home)
@ Green Bay - W (How? because I believe GB has nothing to play for when this game comes around)

10-6, I think the Oak/SD games we split one way or another. We could also win against Atlanta and in Chicago.

Green Bay by that last week will probably have 13 wins already and everything locked up. As I don't see any of the other teams getting more than 11 wins. GB schedule is really nice for them the rest of the year.

Furthermore I believe only one team from the NFC East makes the playoffs possibly with only 9 wins. You know from the NFC West only one team is making it, question is will they have more than 7 wins :) .

The NFC South will have Atlanta and New Orleans in the playoffs leaving the Lions to nab the last WC spot. Probably facing the NFC East winner while the Falcons play the NFC West winner. Unless we somehow beat the Falcons in the regular season which would mean the matchups would be switched and we play the NFC West winner. Which would be ideal.

Won't revise my prediction...but anyone who put money on a Lions/Bills Superbowl is wetting themselves right about now...LOL

Back