Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

saturday golf course

learjet069

hey all, I just snagged 2 tickets for Um vs minny and was wondering how soon they would announce if the course is open or closed due to the recent rain. any thoughts?

And further more, if closed, where is a good tailgate spot besides pioneer?? ive gone to the golf course for 10 years now so have never really gone anywhere else...

If the golf course is closed, there is a nice area where a bank is on the south side of the course on the corner of State St. I park there on occasion. The guy who owns the bank building is very good guy, so I like to give him some business to help him offset his building costs. If you call him in advance he will also help you tailgate by providing tables, plates, napkins, canopy and whatever else it is you may request. Of course all at an additional cost.
grin.png

they really don't have a set time

if it is obvious it won't work, they announce as soon as can be - coudl be thursday or friday

otherwise it is open - if it rains a lot on friday, then friday evening they might have a message

I'm planning on it being closed......will probably park around Hoover St.

Yeah.. just confirmed golf course and grass lot of pioneer closed.... Damn.

Back