Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stanford O-Line

wlvrnstlr4life

Crazy good. Remind me of the old Michigan teams. Even if they're not pushing someone backward they are still hitting the right people and sticking their blocks. Just occupying a block for a second or 2 leaves a hole for the rback to scoot through.

Very impressive indeed.

Will they give this one away though?

Crazy ending but the better team won. Special teams almost gave it away.

Last edited:
I was watching that game last thinking, "I WANT TO DO THAT TO TEAMS!" Very impressive. I wish our O-line was like that.

It is said that O-Linemen are the smartest guys on a team. Stands to reason, then, that Stanford has the smartest of the smartest.

Crazy good. Remind me of the old Michigan teams. Even if they're not pushing someone backward they are still hitting the right people and sticking their blocks. Just occupying a block for a second or 2 leaves a hole for the rback to scoot through.

they've been this solid since 2010 at least. I remember watching them pound ND @ ND that year. late in the game they brought in a formation that had 2 TEs, and 2 FBs (so 4 guys in the backfield) and just methodically steamrolled it in. it was like watching a road paving operation

I think that's around the time when I ordered my Stanford shirt and changed my ESPN profile pic to the "Harbaugh 2011" logo.

everybody else is going to "spread things out" but they just get back to the basics and play punishing football. AND they aren't just bringing in brainless monoliths like the SEC does... I mean Stanford is one of the best Universities in the nation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stanford line is 1 JR, 2 SO, 2 FR

really? we should be bringing in their OLC for an interview pronto. Give him whatever he wants. make him the highest paid OLC in CFB history.

they've been this solid since 2010 at least. I remember watching them pound ND @ ND that year. late in the game they brought in a formation that had 2 TEs, and 2 FBs (so 4 guys in the backfield) and just methodically steamrolled it in. it was like watching a road paving operation

I think that's around the time when I ordered my Stanford shirt and changed my ESPN profile pic to the "Harbaugh 2011" logo.

everybody else is going to "spread things out" but they just get back to the basics and play punishing football. AND they aren't just bringing in brainless monoliths like the SEC does... I mean Stanford is one of the best Universities in the nation.

I know how good they've been. But last night was especially impressive. They knocked #2 Oregon around like little children. Now I know they are familiar with what Oregon does, but any conference opponents can say that about each other and it won't come close to looking like what it does in practice when you go half speed most of the week. Last night was precision at full speed.

I believe Garnett replaced Yankey at the one guard spot from what I was watching.

Attachments

• ShortRound2.jpg
    ShortRound2.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 31
Back