Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tarik Skubal and Riley Greene are voted to the All-Star Game

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
A moment Tarik Skubal and Riley Greene will always remember.

Greene, Skubal earn first career All-Star nods.
Tigers official site

Tarik Skubal and Riley Greene chosen for the 2024 AL All-Star squad.
Both players were elected on the players ballots, and rightly so as both are having great seasons.
BYBTB

Over the past year, Skubal holds a 2.66 ERA and 2.45 FIP across 179 1⁄3 innings of work with 215 strikeouts to just 34 walks. Over the last 365 days, Skubal is the most valuable pitcher in baseball per FanGraphs version of WAR (fWAR).

Tigers' Riley Greene, Tarik Skubal selected to play in MLB's All-Star Game.
Detnews

The selections of Greene, 23, and Skubal, 27, marks the first time since 2016 (Miguel Cabrera) that the Tigers had players selected by a vote of the players and coaches throughout the American League. All the representative since 2016 had been picked by Major League Baseball.
Greene more than earned his All-Star nod. Entering the game Sunday, he ranked fourth among American League outfielders in OPS (.863), on-base percentage (.358) and slugging percentage (.505). He ranked fifth in home runs (17) and RBIs (45).
He's also a plus 8 defensive runs saved, third best among A.L. left fielders.

Detroit Tigers ace Tarik Skubal selected to 2024 MLB All-Star Game for first time.
Freep

This year, Skubal owns a 2.37 ERA with 20 walks (4.6% walk rate) and 132 strikeouts (30.5% strikeout rate) across 110 innings in 18 starts.

Here are the 2024 All-Star rosters.
MLB.com

Complete All-Star Game rosters unveiled.
MLB.com

MLB Announces 2024 All-Star Rosters.
MLBTR

That's awesome. Not sure if that will persuade me to watching the game or not but maybe..

Nice to have a couple guys that actually deserved making the team and not just added because we have to have one.

List of players with a higher slugging percentage than Greene since May 29: Aaron Judge, Yordan Álvarez, Shohei Ohtani, Bryce Harper and Gunnar Henderson.

That's quite the list.

Skubal was a lock. I am a little surprised that Greene made it.
He's 4th in WAR for AL OF. He deserved it. He had like a 15 game stretch in the middle of the 1st half that he had a .420 ops but was well over .900 ops in the 30+ games before and almost 1.000 ops in the almost 40 games after.

I honestly didn't even realize he had been THAT good until I just looked it up

Back