Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Game - pre-game discussion thread

I feel like our guys are gonna pick stroud 2-3 times ????????

my general feeling is Stroud's had a worse year so far. he's actually thrown one (1) fewer pick so far in 2022 than he did at the same time last year. BUT... his completion percentage is 6% worse, and his ypc and TDs are worse.

He's not as effective as he's been. Probably because they're running the same offense and opponents can stop it better. The Northwestern game hurt his numbers too. I don't think he had any bad games in 2021, even against us.

Curious if they come out showing a different offense than they've had all year. In 2021, they didn't or
didn't think they needed to. doubt they make the same
mistake again

AND Humor me as I Play amateur psychologist here...

I don't know if Day has the stones for the job... not to say he's not a good coach, but he seems to have a conscience (unlike Meyer or Tressel) and the pressure weighs on him more.

I noticed the same thing with Luke Fickell when he was interim there. Just look at Day's or Fickell's eyes (from pics in 2011)... looks like they've been forced to watch people get tortured for 24 hours.

It must be brutal trying to coach a team with an insane fanbase like OSU has. And OSU may not even be as bad as some places... even Meyer couldn't handle the pressure in Florida.

Last edited by a moderator:
my general feeling is Stroud's had a worse year so far. he's actually thrown one (1) fewer pick so far in 2022 than he did at the same time last year. BUT... his completion percentage is 6% worse, and his ypc and TDs are worse.

He's not as effective as he's been. Probably because they're running the same offense and opponents can stop it better. The Northwestern game hurt his numbers too. I don't think he had any bad games in 2021, even against us.

I think it has more to do with the 3 WRs he was throwing to last year. Wilson and Olave were both drafted in the top 11 and are having a lot of success in the NFL. Smith Njigba (who was statistically their leading WR last year) hasn't played all year. He still has really good WRs to throw to but they are not as good as the three he had last year.

I think it has more to do with the 3 WRs he was throwing to last year. Wilson and Olave were both drafted in the top 11 and are having a lot of success in the NFL. Smith Njigba (who was statistically their leading WR last year) hasn't played all year. He still has really good WRs to throw to but they are not as good as the three he had last year.

Okay, yeah that makes sense.

Smith-Njigba is back now, right?

Looking back at the stats and score of a game is "revisionist history," but what some drunk guy said at a party 16 years ago is not.

We are truly lucky to have your insights in this thread... please tell us who will win the game and why, using your razor sharp intellect.

500_F_132186678_Fau1ZRGRB9pCHXRPeETwDR6tf6Q34J79.jpg

no. I have a feeling that he's not going to play again this year.

I think you're probably right. My buckeye nephew's roommate is walk-on WR at osu. Before the MSU game he said he was well enough to play but they weren't going to take any chances with him until they were certain. He played limited snaps the following week against Iowa but hasn't played since. My guess is the injury is worse than they thought or let on. If they were going to play him against uofm, you'd think they would want to ease him back by getting him some game reps before just throwing him in for their biggest game of the year.

Uofm still has to figure out Marvin Harrison Jr. and a couple others though (Egbuka, Fleming)...

Last edited:
I was at that Rose Bowl too!

As the first half was ending, my wife turned to me and said ?USC is a second half team, aren?t they??

She knew that because she lives here and she lives with me.

She was right - USC was 2nd half team that year.

I was there as well. SC could?ve been in the NC game that year

Barring one of those rare OSU games this year where their offense completely shits the bed....were going to need to score a lot.

I think it was pretty obvious theres some sort of structural damage done to Corums knee. If it was just a little hyperextension that doesnt damage anything he goes right back in in the second half. The fact he couldnt cut...something is atleast sprained.

I think the question is can Donovan Edwards go 100%? If so, i dont think we lose a step and in my honest opinion become more explosive than when Corum is in.

Dunlap, Stokes and Gash just arent going to cut it.

Hope to see Schoonmaker back as well as JJ seems lost in the passing game when he doesnt have a TE he can trust on the field. Hopefully that can help open up some more shots to Wilson and Bell as well. Im done with AA...he was my hope to make a big step this year...he failed miserably.

I was at that Rose Bowl too!

As the first half was ending, my wife turned to me and said ?USC is a second half team, aren?t they??

She knew that because she lives here and she lives with me.

She was right - USC was 2nd half team that year.

Was that wife-speak for "this game is over honey, let's go."

Barring one of those rare OSU games this year where their offense completely shits the bed....were going to need to score a lot.

I think it was pretty obvious theres some sort of structural damage done to Corums knee. If it was just a little hyperextension that doesnt damage anything he goes right back in in the second half. The fact he couldnt cut...something is atleast sprained.

I think the question is can Donovan Edwards go 100%? If so, i dont think we lose a step and in my honest opinion become more explosive than when Corum is in.

Dunlap, Stokes and Gash just arent going to cut it.

Hope to see Schoonmaker back as well as JJ seems lost in the passing game when he doesnt have a TE he can trust on the field. Hopefully that can help open up some more shots to Wilson and Bell as well. Im done with AA...he was my hope to make a big step this year...he failed miserably.

Don't know about Corum. He was out delivering turkeys and didn't appear to be limping or favoring his leg at all. I know it is not the same as running the football and making cuts, etc. But would they be allowing him to be out walking on it if it was damaged?

Hell, back in the day they would have just injected some of the magic juice into it and sent him back out to finish the game. I thought that was why they had those tents set up on the sideline. So, the player could go in and get injected and not have to go back to the locker room. What is the purpose of those tents if not that?

hey MC, you found somebody to back you up. Stats and facts = trolling. you guys make a great team.

I imagine you kinda look like the troll guy in real life, but with paler skin.

edit: and much less (or no) hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also am on the fence with Corum's situation... a bad bruise can limit mobility too.

the smart move was to rest him, since the outcome vs. Illinois didn't really matter, or mattered 1000 x less than the outcome of the OSU game, which determines who plays for the Big Ten championship.

Who knows? I hope he's back, but if not, well... the coaches will need to earn their pay coming up with a game plan for Saturday

Don't know about Corum. He was out delivering turkeys and didn't appear to be limping or favoring his leg at all. I know it is not the same as running the football and making cuts, etc. But would they be allowing him to be out walking on it if it was damaged?

Hell, back in the day they would have just injected some of the magic juice into it and sent him back out to finish the game. I thought that was why they had those tents set up on the sideline. So, the player could go in and get injected and not have to go back to the locker room. What is the purpose of those tents if not that?

honeslty if they know hes too injured to play in the game i dont think they would care if hes out delivering turkeys if they dont think it could be damaged further.

That or youre right and hes fine....i guess we'll see. I know modern medicine is pretty remarkable with how fast some of these guys are comming back from injury....but if a ligament was strained/sprained i just dont see him comming back in less than a week.

Last edited:

looked like a very slight limp

https://twitter.com/YahooSports/status/1594417217176834048

I imagine you kinda look like the troll guy in real life, but with paler skin.

edit: and much less (or no) hair.

I don?t have to imagine what you look like since there are pictures of you here that show what a soft, pudgy little doughboy you are.

I saw that. That's some Biblical kinda shit right there... need to break this cycle

Need to but doubtful it's going to happen. 20 years of misery and no matter how much I try to convince myself we have a chance i remember Don Brown and just know that is about to happen again.

Back