Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official MICHIGAN vs Utah Score Prediction Thread

Out of Conference Pac-10/12 road games make me think of games from a bygone era at Washington and UCLA ... USC and Cal. And Bo didn't win these games back then, on the road ...in the Pac-10.

But this is Harbaugh! And not Bo. And it's no longer a completely foreign idea to get on a plane and fly to time zones West and play football ...though a Thursday night opener is weird.

Week one games typically offer funny bounces and turnovers and odd little twists of fate. Conventional wisdom and those at ESPNsucks all figure Michigan to lose because ...that's just what should happen so that the enthusiasm for Harbaugh is tempered a bit - start 0-1.

I think the MICHIGAN DEFENSE steps up. I think that the Holy Ghost of Bo shines on the team just this once and His anointed Son and heir to the Empire. I think a whole lot of people in Oakland watch and say, damn .... I thought for sure he was going to be the next Raiders coach!

MICHIGAN - 23
UTAH - 20

Last edited:
Torn between excitement (HARBAUGH!) and the sense of impending doom I've grown accustomed to over the past decade. I'm still not very confident in the QB, from all reports M has no kicker and I feel like there's too many questions on offense to expect any consistency. Optimistically I want to predict a win, I'm just so damned jaded after the past two regimes to go there.

M 17
Utes 24

I hope I'm wrong and Michigan wins by 20. GO BLUE!

Last edited:
Defense forces 3 turnovers and offense does just enough....can't really remember a more important opener on a bigger stage.

Michigan 27
Keith Van Horns 24

Defense forces 3 turnovers and offense does just enough....can't really remember a more important opener on a bigger stage.

Michigan 27
Keith Van Horns 24

Have you guys never opened against nd when both teams were ranked in top 10?

Have you guys never opened against nd when both teams were ranked in top 10?

maybe in the late 80's/early 90's. those games were usually our openers, but not ND's; they scheduled a weak opener to prepare for us.

maybe in the late 80's/early 90's. those games were usually our openers, but not ND's; they scheduled a weak opener to prepare for us.

Definitely I think 1989 we were 1 and 2 in Ap
1990 we were 5 and nod 1

Etc

Could probably pull it together and I am sure it is somewhere

Can also cross check with ap poll history for each year

Definitely I think 1989 we were 1 and 2 in Ap
1990 we were 5 and nod 1

Etc

Could probably pull it together and I am sure it is somewhere

Can also cross check with ap poll history for each year

Maybe damfran is really young but there have definitely been more important openers on bigger stages for uofm than playing at utah w/ neither team ranked on a thursday night.

Either way - Good luck tonight. Go Blue!

Maybe damfran is really young but there have definitely been more important openers on bigger stages for uofm than playing at utah w/ neither team ranked on a thursday night.

Either way - Good luck tonight. Go Blue!

I still can't believe Tennessee is ranked over Utah.

In Park City for lunch ...lots of Maize and Blue in town and about 20 folks on flight from Denver.

Five hours and thirty minutes ...

Back