Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers 8th in loyal fanbase

Im glad we're not higher than that, because the top 7 could also be the top 7 douchiest fan bases (with the possible exception of cards fans, whom i generally dislike on principle anyways since i hate the cards.)

Last edited:
I live in New York and despise Yankee fans, but Red Sox fans are worse (I am currently working in Vermont).

I can agree with 8th. We had a really lousy 15-year stretch into the mid 00's but since then, we've rebounded nicely.

I graduated high school in '03. My classmates gave me a lot of shit about being such a big Tiger fan all through high school but within a few years after, a majority of those same classmates were getting loaded at Comerica, having fun cheering the Tigers on, wearing Tigers memorabilia, and littering Facebook with posts about how much they love the Tigers and blah blah blah.

The 8 spot is about right because even being a prestigious organization with such a decorated past, a lot of our current fellow fans are... I hate to say it... bandwagoners.

Last edited:
I can agree with 8th. We had a really lousy 15-year stretch into the mid 00's but since then, we've rebounded nicely.

I graduated high school in '03. My classmates gave me a lot of shit about being such a big Tiger fan all through high school but within a few years after, a majority of those same classmates were getting loaded at Comerica, having fun cheering the Tigers on, wearing Tigers memorabilia, and littering Facebook with posts about how much they love the Tigers and blah blah blah.

The 8 spot is about right because even being a prestigious organization with such a decorated past, a lot of our current fellow fans are... I hate to say it... bandwagoners.

You always hear more team cheer when your team is winning. But, imo, the Tigers have less "bandwagoners" than any team out there..Detroit is not one of those teams where you don't care and suddenly root for.

I hate it when people use the term "bandwagoners". Everybody became a fan at some point, nobody was born one. Yes, success brings out more fans, but that's not a bad thing.

If you root for the Tigers, whether it's been for 30+ years like me, or only since yesterday, you're a fan; and that's good enough for me.

Back