Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trump Picks a Running Mate With a Beard

I love it that Trump picked a young guy! I mean, for years people have been complaining that the old guys aren't getting out of office. Well, if something happens to Trump (if he wins), then we'll finally have a young President again.

I love it that Trump picked a young guy! I mean, for years people have been complaining that the old guys aren't getting out of office. Well, if something happens to Trump (if he wins), then we'll finally have a young President again.
Nice.

Everyone knows I’m not a Trump fan, but I also don’t have the TDS.

I really like the JD Vance pick; born “broke dick” poor in Appalachia, who served in the US Military; went to The Ohio State University (coulda gone to Michigan, oh well) then Yale Law; business leader in venture capitalism and elected to the U.S. Senate from Ohio.

That shit right there, that shit right there is the shit they make Hollywood movies about…except along the way, JD found his way to Hollywood, and took down the job himself.

Usually the Hollywoods wait til they get nominated for high office before making the movie, oh well…

Maybe JD Vance and Tulsi Gabbard might find themselves on a ticket one day.

J.D. Vance is a Peter Thiel creation, who is neck deep in helping the NSA monitor posts like these.

Thiel bankrolled Vance in his Senate campaign, and Vance invested in a Thiel-owned VC company in 2016. And Thiel returned the favor by investing in Vance's VC company in 2020.

“I was lucky to escape any real fighting,” Vance wrote of his Marine deployment. Shit, my now 40-year-old former Marine was a.) wounded by an IED, and b.) wounded in house-to-house fighting in the Al Anbar Province in 2005. Vance was a correspondent. I wonder if he crossed paths with my son in 2005.

Anyway, this VP pick is approved by the powers who shouldn't be, and is another log that stokes the fire that keeps us out of the center of circle.

Whitney Webb has this to say about Thiel. Clearly Vance knows this and is apparently ok with surveillance that does not track his own movements and internet trail.

Screenshot 2024-07-17 at 09.21.58.png

I had dig to page 18 of a Google search to find this ... from less than a month ago. Which makes the Vance choice by Trump a peace offering to Thiel.

A presidential candidate who refuses to end the FED, does not support the abolition of the 16th amendment, will not dissolve the CIA, will not reform the FBI, and will not dismantle the "Government by Alphabet" that violates our rights by design and who does not champion the concept of self-government in its literal sense will never get my vote.

So, I am sitting this one out, or writing in a candidate.

In another generation, the American Experiment will have failed completely, unless We, The People, intervene. So far, we haven't the sand to do that, so we get what we deserve.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cam
Wow.

A gay Republican billionaire tech guru.

You don’t come one of those every day.

Prsc

Glad of course your son is home and safe.

Is that the one who named “Mean Girls” as his favorite movie on a hockey camp info sheet, or something?

Wow.

A gay Republican billionaire tech guru.

You don’t come one of those every day.

Prsc

Glad of course your son is home and safe.

Is that the one who named “Mean Girls” as his favorite movie on a hockey camp info sheet, or something?
No, he's that son's older brother. The "Mean Girls" entry was on his HS team Hockey program that was distributed each game. I don't think it's his favorite movie now.

Don JR is a much better messenger than his dad I liked his speech better than JD’s last night and JD missed a golden opportunity to discuss how he didn’t like trump all those years and talk about why he changed his mind. Wasn’t overly impressed.

Joe does need to go though and he’s still one of the worst presidents in US history.

Don JR is a much better messenger than his dad I liked his speech better than JD’s last night and JD missed a golden opportunity to discuss how he didn’t like trump all those years and talk about why he changed his mind. Wasn’t overly impressed.

Joe does need to go though and he’s still one of the worst presidents in US history.
I loved how Usha went right to the Ron Howard movie reference.

My favorite scene of that movie will always be the epic meet at the train station group dance with JD, Usha and the dance group at the very end of the movie.

I'm surprised that you are not aware that this is all Kabuki.

A couple months later, how are we feeling about JD? I wanted to like him, but he had made it impossible. Wish Trump would have picked an establishment Republican like Rubio or Burgum. They were also finalists for the role, supposedly.

Doesn't seem like they're on the same page at all. JD contradicts Trump on an almost daily basis at this point. It's almost like he's trying to sabotage.

Where's tigermud, maybe he's the deep state!

Doesn't seem like they're on the same page at all. JD contradicts Trump on an almost daily basis at this point. It's almost like he's trying to sabotage.

Where's tigermud, maybe he's the deep state!
have any examples? I'm definitely not following it as closely as I could but paying some attention and the only example I remember was JD saying something about abortion that Trump didn't say or agree with a couple weeks ago. Seems like the media would be all over it reporting every contradiction and more every minute if that was happening frequently.

Last edited:
Back