Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

UFC 194 - Holy balls.

sggatecl

Detroit City FC
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Two new champions. Great fights all night. I loooooove this shit.

Heard it was 1 punch on Aldo and smashed him like a bug on a windshield.

Last edited:
I guess the ref should have stopped the other fight sooner from I am hearing the Champ took Weidman took way more punches then he should have when he was on the ground. Any thoughts?

I guess the ref should have stopped the other fight sooner from I am hearing the Champ took Weidman took way more punches then he should have when he was on the ground. Any thoughts?

The champ usually gets the benefit of the doubt but I would agree with those that think it should've been stopped in the 3rd. My buddy asked me when the round ended, "Did you know Herb Dean (ref) was president of the Chris Weidman fan club?"

Rockhold still won, I'm just glad Weidman didn't get seriously hurt.

McGregor - Aldo KO

iYER6Vf.gif

*Edit* - A bonus still image of the punch

12391392_856867334423709_4859656480531010203_n.jpg

Last edited:
Damm ouch .. I mean daMN I feel I could have taking that punch. But probably not lol..

I don't know much about about the UFC, but wasn't Aldo a wrestler? And wasn't McGregor weak in wrestling? Why the fuck did Aldo try to box him to start the fight? I've seen Mcgregor's knockouts and I would think that'd be the last thing you should do.

I don't know much about about the UFC, but wasn't Aldo a wrestler? And wasn't McGregor weak in wrestling? Why the fuck did Aldo try to box him to start the fight? I've seen Mcgregor's knockouts and I would think that'd be the last thing you should do.

Aldo has a decent ground game but rarely uses it. He usually utilizes kicks more than anything. There was a LOT of trash talking before this fight, over 12 months worth. I think Aldo let his emotions get the best of him and that's why he uncharacteristically came out swinging like that.

One of the better posters on an MMA forum I frequent actually had some good input to a similar question as yours:

A lot has been made of his doing that against Conor and it being weird, well that's bullshit. I've seen him do it a million times. Some guys have even tried to counter like Conor did, but didn't land as clean or hard.

Jose_Aldo_vs._Mark_Hominick_5.gif

Here is Aldo going for his signature left hook, right low kick combo. Comes forward a little wild and Hominick even lands a left on him.
45.gif

Here is another gif of him exploding forward against Lamas. Again a little wild. Lamas simply became defensive instead of looking to punch with him or counter.

1.gif

Jose Aldo is amazing and one of the GOATs, but what he did against Conor wasn't especially strange. It was a tad strange to open up with, but he was always going to lunge in and Conor talked endlessly about landing the left hand when he did.

One of the better posters on an MMA forum I frequent actually had some good input to a similar question as yours:

A lot has been made of his doing that against Conor and it being weird, well that's bullshit. I've seen him do it a million times. Some guys have even tried to counter like Conor did, but didn't land as clean or hard.

Jose_Aldo_vs._Mark_Hominick_5.gif

Here is Aldo going for his signature left hook, right low kick combo. Comes forward a little wild and Hominick even lands a left on him.
45.gif

Here is another gif of him exploding forward against Lamas. Again a little wild. Lamas simply became defensive instead of looking to punch with him or counter.

1.gif

Jose Aldo is amazing and one of the GOATs, but what he did against Conor wasn't especially strange. It was a tad strange to open up with, but he was always going to lunge in and Conor talked endlessly about landing the left hand when he did.

Which is exactly why Conor called that he was going to knock him out this exact way.

Which is exactly why Conor called that he was going to knock him out this exact way.

Mystic Mac strikes again. The guy is proving that he has a really high fight IQ.

Back