Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Vs Iowa

Iowa goes right down and scores 7 and undoes all of the dominant 1st half. Need Chiles to take a step this half. Fgs aren't enough.

Kim bails out the offense once again with a 45 yard fg. It's embarrassing how bad we've been in the red zone.

Big win for msu! Chiles played better in the 2nd half. Can't be mad when you don't punt once against a Iowa d. Run game and Kim were great!!

My Wife’s uncle Jerry passed away (89) last week and we went to the funeral yesterday in Lansing and the pastor mentioned how big a msu fan he was and it would be cool if msu could get win tonight. My wife jeri was named after her Uncle. Great win. Msu has a much better offense than Michigan. I fear the Wolverines will be in trouble next week unless they figure the qb out.

Had a busy weekend and still haven't watched it. Will definitely take the win, but everything I read about the game makes that BC loss even more annoying. But if we were 5-2, we'd probably start thinking we're better than we are. Maybe having something to prove will help in the end.

My Wife’s uncle Jerry passed away (89) last week and we went to the funeral yesterday in Lansing and the pastor mentioned how big a msu fan he was and it would be cool if msu could get win tonight. My wife jeri was named after her Uncle. Great win. Msu has a much better offense than Michigan. I fear the Wolverines will be in trouble next week unless they figure the qb out.
Sorry for your loss. Lost the last two of my dad's siblings over the last couple years. It sucks.

Sounds like they played a fairly clean game but we've tried to give games away a few times this year and succeeded once. You never know...

Sorry for your loss. Lost the last two of my dad's siblings over the last couple years. It sucks.

Sounds like they played a fairly clean game but we've tried to give games away a few times this year and succeeded once. You never know...
You too. Thanks it does sucks . I’m down to just me and my sister and I think about my mom and dad a lot, and my older sister Deb.
Oh well life I guess. One thing I forgot to mention about Jeri’s Uncle was in mid to late high school with his father being gone (he was a drunk) Jerry was helping out working to help his mother and my father in law who was 7 years younger. He was in a horrible farm accident and his dominant right arm had to be amputated. I just can’t fathom what he went through in the 1950’s because of this. It took him awhile but after many jobs are finally went to school and become a data processor and programmer and retired form the state of Michigan.
He also lost 3 young children of his 7. One the only girl of pneumonia. She was an infant. But him and his first wife lost two boys to two separate house fires I think ages 3 and 9. My wife remembers playing with the older one. Jerry was married to 2 different woman for over 30 years each. (1st one died of breast cancer) second one 10 days before him.

I’ll never forget Her uncle battling dementia and his balance issues coming with my father in law to my Sons Wedding last summer .We told him it was to much be he laughed it off.

Yeah Michigan has home field and a weird betting line. 6 down to 5. Tuttle is terrible. I just don’t get the Michigan coaching staff. Strange transition. My wife’s family are all huge spartan fans. My father in law Especially. I do like listening about the history of the great Msu teams when he grew up. I’m really worried about next Saturday.

You too. Thanks it does sucks . I’m down to just me and my sister and I think about my mom and dad a lot, and my older sister Deb.
Oh well life I guess. One thing I forgot to mention about Jeri’s Uncle was in mid to late high school with his father being gone (he was a drunk) Jerry was helping out working to help his mother and my father in law who was 7 years younger. He was in a horrible farm accident and his dominant right arm had to be amputated. I just can’t fathom what he went through in the 1950’s because of this. It took him awhile but after many jobs are finally went to school and become a data processor and programmer and retired form the state of Michigan.
He also lost 3 young children of his 7. One the only girl of pneumonia. She was an infant. But him and his first wife lost two boys to two separate house fires I think ages 3 and 9. My wife remembers playing with the older one. Jerry was married to 2 different woman for over 30 years each. (1st one died of breast cancer) second one 10 days before him.

I’ll never forget Her uncle battling dementia and his balance issues coming with my father in law to my Sons Wedding last summer .We told him it was to much be he laughed it off.

Yeah Michigan has home field and a weird betting line. 6 down to 5. Tuttle is terrible. I just don’t get the Michigan coaching staff. Strange transition. My wife’s family are all huge spartan fans. My father in law Especially. I do like listening about the history of the great Msu teams when he grew up. I’m really worried about next Saturday.
My mom is the oldest of 10 and has lost 4 brothers over the last 13 years. One brother and all 4 of her sisters are still with us. The youngest died first from complications from surgery - it feels weird but I've outlived my uncle by a few years now. Two died from heart attacks, one less than a year after retiring and the fourth was ravaged by cancer for a couple years before he passed. And as I said above, my dad, the youngest of 6 is the lone survivor. He has one sister-in-law, but she is in rough shape at 88.

My dad, his brothers, their dad and two of my mom's brothers went to ND and they grew up in ND country (dad from SW Michigan, my mom from the south side of Chicago) so that's what I grew up on. I was still a fan and happy for them when they won the NC my freshman year at MSU but I have embraced the rivalry since then. As for Saturday, it will be interesting to see - lots of possible outcomes. Could be a complete clown show, 60 minutes of horrible football, could be a blowout one way or the other or it could be a close game between what are likely just two middle of the road B1G teams. I'm surprised the line opened as big as it did, thought MSU +3, maybe +4 would be the number. We'll see what happens.

Back