Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Weis fired, maybe folks will realize you can do it midseason

Michlady

Rare for me to talk like this but this is absolutely terrible, embarrassing, a train wreck. Whatever

Even the low of rich's first year never felt so hopeless

Edit. Folks = Brandon. Of course I want Brandon out too

Last edited:
I never imagined things could get this bad this quickly. What a disaster.

Same here

Horrendous

I'd think tough coach could get it back. These kid aren't that Untalented.

Geez

Brandon spent a lot of money. Not just hoke but the coordinators too

We have becime laughingstock of cfb

Ps another great tweet in Weis
@DanWetzel: Estimated $19 million from Notre Dame, $7 million plus more from KU ... for not working. Charlie Weis remains my hero.

Lol

Same here

Horrendous

I'd think tough coach could get it back. These kid aren't that Untalented.

Geez

Yeah, I don't think they're untalented at all.

I haven't seen anything these past couple of weeks suggesting that the mindset is right to compete with any BIG team. Minnesota was supposed to be pretty subpar right?

There is a real risk that this spirals out of control (or are we already there?), and the floor is so low that I'm not sure what you'd be risking by making a change now. Then again, I'm not a coach and do not run an athletic department.

What is the upside to firing a coach midseason? What is gained? Does anyone think that putting one of these coordinators in charge is going to make things better? I guess USC got better for the rest of the season after Kiffin was fired. Seems to me like it could go either way. Either the boys rally for the interim, the firing is a wake up call. Or they could give up and fold.

What is the upside to firing a coach midseason? What is gained? Does anyone think that putting one of these coordinators in charge is going to make things better? I guess USC got better for the rest of the season after Kiffin was fired. Seems to me like it could go either way. Either the boys rally for the interim, the firing is a wake up call. Or they could give up and fold.

The upside for brady being gone for me is just the simple fact that we know he's gone... I for one, am sick of seeing him out there..

If you fire him now, there is zero risk of him coming back. We don't know what Brandon is capable of. Let's just say Hoke manages to stumble his way to a 6-6 record, and win a bowl game. If that happened, there would be a possibility that he sticks around. He needs to go, soon.

Recruiting.

What kid is going to want to go to U of M knowing that there is going to be a coaching change coming soon? (well, who would want to go to Michigan at all, fergodssake)

Specifically, a QB? Looks like QB might be a need going forward.

Having an intern may not change that, but it won't hurt it, either. Having Hoke there any longer is just going to make starting the recruiting process even more impossible than it already is. You have a generation of kids that were 7-9 years old since Michigan has been relevant in any way, shape or form.....having a lame duck coach isn't helping.

Has Michigan ever fired a coach midseason? I think it would be bad for the program to do so now. Stick it out. If they fire Hoke would you watch and root for Michigan the rest of the season? If you don't want to watch Michigan play football the rest of the season, then go do something else on Saturday. I'll be watching and rooting for Michigan whether Hoke is on the sideline or someone else is.

GO BLUE!

Last edited:
I think Nussmeier needs to go as well, maybe even before Hoke.

Things spiraled out of control FAST, and it can't be just a coincidence that the offense got worse when he got here. They weren't even this incompetent under Borges.

The worst thing we can do is leave Hoke as coach till end of the season. We can not keep him out there doing interviews and things like that. They need fire him now and at least remove that part of the distraction. Its not fair to anyone at this poing to keep things as they are. Its a complete mess and its getting worse. Then again if Hoke loves Michigan like he says he does then how come he hasnt resigned?

Funk needs to go. Should have gone with Borges

Very few mid season firings as far as I recall in general across CFO
Started up more in past decade if performance rated. And probably only 1 a year

For reasons stated

Meanwhile Brandon here at field hockey dedication
And footba having full pads practice today

Last edited:
They need to fire Brandon before they fire Hoke. Allow the new AD the opportunity to recruit for a new coach, high probability of John Harbaugh IMHO. Harbaugh isn't leaving the Ravens until the season is over, so keep Hoke around until then. Despite being a terrible coach on the field, Hoke recruits extremely well...or at least better than RR ever did and what interim coach is going to be able to recruit as well as Hoke? Those recruits will stay if a "Michigan Man" like a Harbaugh or even Les is brought in because the system would not be changing much and they'd be bringing in an even more respected "name" to coach, so this way they might lose a recruit or two, but not looking at an entire recruiting season being thrown out as guys decommit.

Sorry, I know the entire thing is a debacle, but that is the way it needs to go down. If there is a coaching change to make mid-season, it would be to fire Nuss The Putz, or either / both of the OL / WR position coaches.

Last edited:
And both those guys came with home

I also prefer Brandon first

Get him out of this picture

Last edited:
Back