Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What i saw today......in no particular order.

tonyballs

1. Our DLine is scary
2. Reggie Bush is a monster in this offense and he opens a lot of other options.
3. Pettigrew is pathetic
4. Fauria needs to play more
5. Fairley is a beast
6. Suh wrecks havoc but is dumb as a box of rocks.
7. Ansah has a nonstop motor and is going to be awesome one day.
8. Burleson is back? See what i did there?
9. Edwards looked solid
8. LBs played great
9. Houston looked like shit
10. Slay is a work in progress
11. Megatron is the man and he gets no respect from the refs. A TD called back and a high hit (head shot) that caused his helmet to fly off and no call. Fn sad...
12. OLine played solid
13. I love Bell
14. Stafford was sharp most of the game....cant complain about him too much
15. Delmas is rusty
16. Quin was another solid signing.
17. Still no discipline

Did i miss anything? lol

Now, this is all after one game, so things could change, right? And it will....

Last edited:
1. Our DLine is scary
2. Reggie Bush is a monster in this offense and he opens a lot of other options.
3. Pettigrew is pathetic
4. Fauria needs to play more
5. Fairley is a beast
6. Suh wrecks havoc but is dumb as a box of rocks.
7. Ansah has a nonstop motor and is going to be awesome one day.
8. Burleson is back? See what i did there?
9. Edwards looked solid
8. LBs played great
9. Houston looked like shit
10. Slay is a work in progress
11. Megatron is the man and he gets no respect from the refs. A TD called back and a high hit (head shot) that caused his helmet to fly off and no call. Fn sad...
12. OLine played solid
13. I love Bell
14. Stafford was sharp most of the game....cant complain about him too much
15. Delmas is rusty
26. Quin was another solid signing.
27. Still no discipline

Did i miss anything? lol

Ya kinda stuttered a little there on that 8 and 9 and skipped 16 through 25 but other than that I believe ya covered it all.

Pettigrew should slide down the playing order. Fauria is a beast with great hands as well as he blocked well.

The running game was very effective.

Oline dominated their dline. Our Dline ruined their Oline. The LBS played well.

Slay is a gamer who made some nice plays. Houston wasnt horrible but certainly didnt play his best game. The safeties were very strong today. Delmas was a bit rusty but was still a missile out there effecting the game.

Stafford played very well although to many stupid knockdowns at the line. Always frustrating.

The wrs were ok. Burleson got open. Edwards caught some passes (finally got to play and played well) . Megatrons numbers werent huge but he got hosed on the first TD catch. It was clearly a catch.

Reiff really did well today against one of the best there is. Levy who has been disliked by many showed why he is still on the team. He was all over the place today and mostly up near the line and was a sure handed tackler today. Tulloch was solid as always. Palmer played well.

Ya kinda stuttered a little there on that 8 and 9 and skipped 16 through 25 but other than that I believe ya covered it all.

lol..i dont know why i did that. i meant to put 16 and 17...brainfart.

How did i stutter on 8 and 9?

reiff was the main guy I wanted to watch today....and he completely shut down jared allen although allen clearly lost a step.

I have no words for Pettigrew.

Stafford played a great 2nd half. I was concerned after the first half....I thought he was very inaccurate early but turned it around and played a good game.

dline played great.

Slay needs to learn how to tackle but played awesome in coverage.

reggie is the man but my god he better stay healthy.

Last edited:
I like your observations Tony. Strange game indeed, but I saw some good stuff. The second half I thought they played much better overall.

Last edited:
Pretty good list. Offense just ran threw Minny. Too many brain fk ups and Bush was a complete stud..

1. Our DLine is scary - agreed. The talent is lethal and the depth is sick. They got consistent pressure....all game long.

2. Reggie Bush is a monster in this offense and he opens a lot of other options. - yes. Enough said. Please god, keep him healthy.

3. Pettigrew is pathetic. - terrible. I mean it's pathetic to watch.

4. Fauria needs to play more. - Agreed. See above.

5. Fairley is a beast. - yup. And no penalties.

6. Suh wrecks havoc but is dumb as a box of rocks. - it was a really stupid play. However, I will give him a pass given he really seemed to turn it around last year. One stupid play a year is allowed. He just got his out of the way early and it didn't hurt us in the long run.

7. Ansah has a nonstop motor and is going to be awesome one day. - yup.

8. Burleson is back? See what i did there? - actually beat some man coverage. Good vs zones.

9. Edwards looked solid - not many chances. But made the plays he could.

8. LBs played great - I'd agree with good. Can't allow 78 yard TD's and be great. However, they did cover well and tackled well....considering the guy they had to tackle was AP.

9. Houston looked like shit. - disagree on this one. He didn't even get beat on that deep pass. Actually, he could have picked that easy....just didn't find the ball. Was solid, but not great.

10. Slay is a work in progress - he's a rookie. I'll agree with what you said, but 2 games against Aaron Rodgers will be more telling.

11. Megatron is the man and he gets no respect from the refs. A TD called back and a high hit (head shot) that caused his helmet to fly off and no call. Fn sad... - needs to learn to tuck the ball.

12. OLine played solid - I'd say good. A lot of running room out there today. One sack on Stafford.

13. I love Bell - great pickup. Hughes will point out how we wasted a 2nd round pick on LeShoure, but will fail to mention Mayhew got Bell for NOTHING.

14. Stafford was sharp most of the game....cant complain about him too much - Stafford was GREAT today. His numbers were good......had CJ and Scheffler helped him AT ALL they would have been outstanding. He was 28/43 (65%) and had 6 drops. That's 80% with a little help from his WR's.

15. Delmas is rusty - and needs to shut the fuck up.

16. Quin was another solid signing. - thought he was so so today. Good qb's would have exposed him today. Wildly missed the tackle on Petersons long TD run and was late in coverage on a few occasions. He wasn't called out a lot because Ponder missed those throws.

17. Still no discipline - none. It's stupid.

Did i miss anything? lol

Reiff was awesome today.

I think we looked great. Take away a chop block and botched FG....and Pettigrew, and were solid all around.

Suh sort of disappeared though. Was he eating double teams? I didn't see.

I think we looked great. Take away a chop block and botched FG....and Pettigrew, and were solid all around.

I thought I saw ansah get doubled on a few plays...that's saying a lot to double a rookie de in his first game.

Suh was doubleteamed all dsy from what i saw.

I thought I saw ansah get doubled on a few plays...that's saying a lot to double a rookie de in his first game.

You're right, I noticed he was doubled the play after his sack got taken back, probably a few other times too.

Still way too many dumb penalties. And that botched snap on the FG attempt was 2008 Lions-esque.

But I did like that they were able to eat up clock late running Bush, and the punt to pin them back at the 1 on Minny's final drive was probably the best ST play I've seen from this team in years.

Would be really nice to see the victory formation more this year instead of harrowing last-minute scoring drives or white-knuckling late defensive holds...

Still way too many dumb penalties. And that botched snap on the FG attempt was 2008 Lions-esque.

But I did like that they were able to eat up clock late running Bush, and the punt to pin them back at the 1 on Minny's final drive was probably the best ST play I've seen from this team in years.

Would be really nice to see the victory formation more this year instead of harrowing last-minute scoring drives or white-knuckling late defensive holds...

Do you guys think we should give some more of the late carries to bell when we are just trying to waste time? Id hate for bush to get injured on garbage carries up by 20.

Do you guys think we should give some more of the late carries to bell when we are just trying to waste time? Id hate for bush to get injured on garbage carries up by 20.

I think it just depends on the matchup. Bush is going to want a certain number of carries himself, so he may not want to come out. If we are doing it more often, I think giving the garbage time carries to Bell and even LeShoure make a lot of sense.

Lesuss has to be good for something.

mayhew has proven before that his second round picks can be worth nothing. When youre inactive....youre basically worth nothing. JS valued my boy Riddick over lesuss this week lol.

Last edited:
Back