Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What's your favorite team in the Motor City

wheels002 said:
I was born with to many medical problems to list have had 15 surgeries and a few body casts. I was never able to play sports so I live through watching my favorite teams play. I love football so it would be Lions 1A and Wolverines 1B then Tigers Wings and Pistons and of coarse Wolverine basketball. I have seen every team I route for win a championship but 1. I am sure when the Lions hold up the Lombardi Trophy one day I will have a tear in my eye. Not saying we will this year but we are closer than we have been in a long time.

Sorry to hear that man. That would really suck. Hopefully the lions win one for ya soon. Just not this year, I really want a repeat haha. Especially to shut up dallas fans.

Overall, Michigan football, but professionally, the Wings. My first love was baseball, but I can clearly remember the first hockey game I ever saw. Amazing! Red Wings beat the Canadiens. Probert scored the game winning goal. I've been hooked ever since. I remember listening to the Campbell conference finals on our radio when the Wings would just get blasted by the Oilers.

Brent Ashton was my first favorite player. He was the only who could score in that series. Then, of course, Yzerman became my main athletic favorite.

College football and hockey are the only sports I can sit down and watch an entire game between teams I have no allegiance to. (not counting NCAA tourney or NFL/MLB playoffs)

Back