Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

When does a drought become a curse?

tycobb420

Tigers have not won since 1984. That will be 28 years in Oct. 2012.

The Lions have not won since 1957 and have experienced a curse.

Are the Tigers moving into curse territory?

but at what point does a drought morph into a curse?

I think for it to be a curse something would have to have been done to start the drought. Wasn't there some kind of goat sacrifice to start the Cubs curse?

A drought becomes a curse when the town's sports media runs out of real stories.

Don't think the Tigers were/are cursed, otherwise Juan Gonzalez would have signed that 8 year 140 Million contract that might have meant no Maggs and/or Miggy. They just have had some good luck mixed with some bad, and a largely indifferent owner until the infamous 2003 season embarrassed the living shit out of Ilitch, IMO.

I don't know... I am tired of getting close and not getting over the top... This is why 2006,1987, and 1972 really hurt... 2011 hurts a lot also.. Damn they all hurt...

Kind of bummed at the time but not hurt. At least they won, twice, in my lifetime.

Not even close to a curse. Gotta be at least 50 years I think. If the lions collapse due to freak injuries or something, you might begin to call them cursed, but 28 years isn't really that long if you think about it.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Kind of bummed at the time but not hurt. At least they won, twice, in my lifetime.
Yeah, I just get a little bummed.But it's all on the players. They either come thru or they don't. And there isn't a damn thing we can do about any of it anyway. So why get all bent outta shape.

think about this for a sec. on a average-based system, a MLB team should win once every 30 years.

plus, a "curse" normally has significant events during it that people can point to as a team being "cursed". IE with the cubs, the goat thing and bartman incident.

i definitely wouldn't consider the tigs "cursed".

The Cubs have not WON a WS since 1908. From 1910-1945, they had played in 7 more and lost them all. That adds to the curse.

Both the Vikings and Bills have been to 4 Super Bowls, and lost them all.

Sometimes it is enough just to make it there. However, if you are there repeatedly over a 10 year span and don't win. Then it must be a curse, right?

Back