Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

You can take a player out of the Wolverine program...

Spartanmack

...but you can't remove the Wolverine program from the player.

Jabrill Peppers arrested for assaulting a woman, strangling her several times, threatening her with a weapon, removing her clothes and throwing her outside...and possession of cocaine. I wonder what the program was covering up about this guy during his time in Ann Arbor.

...but you can't remove the Wolverine program from the player.

Jabrill Peppers arrested for assaulting a woman, strangling her several times, threatening her with a weapon, removing her clothes and throwing her outside...and possession of cocaine. I wonder what the program was covering up about this guy during his time in Ann Arbor.

Then you have this guy from Saturday

Wow, I'm surprised Portnoy allowed that to be posted on an official barstool account...

Looks like this story is gaining traction. So far, the university's response is "We will handle this internally" - typical uofm circle the wagons, cover it up, hope it goes away because it's just more of the same 'nothing to see here, the world is out to get us because they're jealous' nonsense.

it's funny that you and your new butt buddy slowtime post this shit on our section, but when we post on your section, you run to the mods and cry and have it taken down.

oh well... we're Michigan, we can take it. Leaders and Best and all that...

Go Blue College Football GIF by Michigan Athletics

Saw this story. To quote Rick James "Cocaine is a helluva drug". Makes you do shit you never would do otherwise. I don't think you can retroactively project this current behavior with Peppers' behavior while he was at Michigan. I doubt that if he had been doing this kind of thing while he was a Michigan it would not have been reported. He was at Michigan before NIL so I expect he didn't have the money to pay for coke back then that he has now. I've had ambivalent feelings about Jabrill since he was "injured" and chose not to play in the bowl game.

it's funny that you and your new butt buddy slowtime post this shit on our section, but when we post on your section, you run to the mods and cry and have it taken down.

Hate to break it to you, but Mack and myself don't have the power to remove your lame threads. Quite possibly, your fellow UM fan mods don't like you either. Hope you have a great day, buddy!!!

LOL Project much? I have never once complained to a mod about anyone or any posts or asked anyone to take anything down. But we all know you’ve done plenty of that. You’re a sensitive little sissy and a rat.

Go Blue College Football GIF by Michigan Athletics

Saw this story. To quote Rick James "Cocaine is a helluva drug". Makes you do shit you never would do otherwise. I don't think you can retroactively project this current behavior with Peppers' behavior while he was at Michigan. I doubt that if he had been doing this kind of thing while he was a Michigan it would not have been reported. He was at Michigan before NIL so I expect he didn't have the money to pay for coke back then that he has now. I've had ambivalent feelings about Jabrill since he was "injured" and chose not to play in the bowl game.
It speaks to the character of a typical program kid - at least according to some of the uofm posters whenever a former rival player does something untoward. Just having a little fun with it - turnabout is fair play and all.

I hope that I have never celebrated the misdeeds of “rival” players of a “rival” football program for the purpose of “making a point.” If I have, so be it, but it was probably unsatisfying. But the world is toxic and, if permitted, can seep into our consciousness and souls. The so-called “ethos” of any college football program is rife with holes and imperfections and, as it repairs one, others rend it, in the form of the actions of the players and coaches who are supposed to maintain some standards of conduct that should be possible to sustain. This specific situation, if true, (Peppers has pleaded not guilty) illustrates that anyone can fall to varying depths of destitution, no matter from what college football program they matriculated.

I hope that I have never celebrated the misdeeds of “rival” players of a “rival” football program for the purpose of “making a point.” If I have, so be it, but it was probably unsatisfying. But the world is toxic and, if permitted, can seep into our consciousness and souls. The so-called “ethos” of any college football program is rife with holes and imperfections and, as it repairs one, others rend it, in the form of the actions of the players and coaches who are supposed to maintain some standards of conduct that should be possible to sustain. This specific situation, if true, (Peppers has pleaded not guilty) illustrates that anyone can fall to varying depths of destitution, no matter from what college football program they matriculated.
This is the whole point of the thread, and that uofm and it's student athletes aren't on a different moral plane as some posters would have everyone think. Granted the OP was far more sarcastic perhaps even sardonic. But it's targeted at those whose schadenfreude is on full display every chance they get. All while pretending uofm is impeccably virtuous and such things never happen despite mountains of evidence to the contrary. I take no pleasure in the young man's troubles, I do however enjoy mocking the people that believe such things. No offense meant to the more gracious uofm posters.

Back