Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 9: Lions @ Vikings Thread

Hey, i wasnt mad at the flip. Do what you want!! I was just nervous that he was going to fumble out of the endzone and we were going to get fucked lol. It would have been classic SOL. Im glad it never happened but i aged 5 years watching him do it lol.

No doubt I agree with you I was like what the heck tate please get ball over that line. I was just yapping at Bradshaw at getting mad that the flip. I mean I know it was wrong be let kid and the lions have it and don't take away (bradshaw) from the A great lions comeback. Won of the best. But you are right just get the ball over the line.. flip made it slower a tad.

Last edited:
No doubt I agree with you I was like what the heck tate please get ball over that line. I was just yapping at Bradshaw at getting mad that the flip. I mean I know it was wrong be let kid and the lions have it and don't take away (bradshaw) from the A great lions comeback. Won of the best. But you are right just get the ball over the line.. flip made it slower a tad.

The shingles guy can get bent.

Its a strange feeling as a Lions fan to be going into the 4th and not think we are going to blow it

This team is deep

Just can't wrap my head around why you would think that. We are surviving with scrubs on defense imo. Its mind blowing, really. We aren't facing any high powered offenses either though. I honestly think we would be 0-9 to 2-7 without Stafford right now.

Last edited:
Just can't wrap my head around why you would think that. We are surviving with scrubs on defense imo. Its mind blowing, really. We aren't facing any high powered offenses either though. I honestly think we would be 0-9 to 2-7 without Stafford right now.

Many backups are playing well and some good rotation with youbg players

i really cant explain how we continue to give up such great stats to opposing qbs, cant get off the field on 3rd downs, every TE and crossing WR is wide open.....yet somehow we manage to not let up many points. Its insane lol. Ill take it...but it makes no sense whatsoever. And no....its not becuase our defense is playing well. Dline is awful but shows flashes...hopefully ansah back 100% provides a lift cause hes been crap. LBs are terrible. Secondary....can say much good about them until Slay gets back to playing 100%.

Good redzone d. Stops short of sticks. Key sacks at the important times, some forced turnovers. And an offense that does have some long drives. 9 min drive by detroot against vikings

It is good d play. You just dont want to admit it. 20 ppg allowed last 6. 28 first 3. Colts and packers can score at home

Last edited:
Matt Prater is the ESPN Kicker of the Week after his 58-yard game-tying boot against Minnesota.
Prater is 13-of-13 on field goal attempts of at least 50 yards in the fourth quarter and overtime in his career. The other three quarters? 20-of-29.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Stafford has become the first quarterback since the 1970 merger to lead his team to five game-winning drives in each of his team?s first five wins of the season.

Stafford?s game-winning drive in overtime, which he finished with a 28-yard touchdown to Golden Tate, is the 25th of his career when the team trailed or was tied in the fourth quarter or in overtime.

Since Caldwell became head coach in 2014, Stafford leads the NFL with 13 game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime.

On the season, Stafford is completing 67.3 percent of his passes for 2,373 yards with 18 touchdowns and five interceptions.

He?s one of only five quarterbacks with a passer rating above 100.0 (101.6) on the year. The other four are Tom Brady (133.9), Matt Ryan (119.0), Drew Brees (106.7) and Dak Prescott (104.2).

Lions key stats ? good and bad ? after nine weeks of football:
Detroit?s defensive line is getting it done this year compared to the other lines around the league. They rank third in sacks with 18.0 (only Minnesota and Seattle have more).
Detroit?s D-line is second in tackles for loss (26), fourth in pass deflections (6) and seventh in QB hits (38).

On 37 pass plays at Minnesota, the Lions offensive line yielded just one sack, which occurred on the team?s overtime game-winning drive. The O-line has now yielded one or fewer sacks in three of the past four games.

The Lions are the only team in NFL history to have their first nine games decided by a point margin of seven or less, via Elias Sports Bureau.
It?s no surprise then the Lions' 3.40 average margin of victory this year is well below the league average of 9.85.

TE Eric Ebron set a career single-game high with 92 receiving yards and tied a career single-game high with seven receptions in the Lions? 22-16 win at Minnesota.
Ebron now has five-plus receptions in four of his six games played this season.

K Matt Prater?s 58-yard field goal last week with two seconds left to play in regulation was the second-longest field goal in team history, and the longest game-winning or game-tying field goal in the fourth quarter or overtime.

The Lions have the most rushes (30) for negative yards this season.

WR Anquan Boldin had a touchdown reception against Minnesota, his fifth touchdown catch this season.
Boldin has now had a season with at least five touchdown receptions with four different teams (Arizona, Baltimore, San Francisco and Detroit), and is the fourth player in NFL history to accomplish the feat.
Boldin joins Terrell Owens (five teams), Irving Fryar and Brandon Marshall as the only players in league history to accomplish the feat.

i really cant explain how we continue to give up such great stats to opposing qbs, cant get off the field on 3rd downs, every TE and crossing WR is wide open.....yet somehow we manage to not let up many points. Its insane lol. Ill take it...but it makes no sense whatsoever. And no....its not becuase our defense is playing well. Dline is awful but shows flashes...hopefully ansah back 100% provides a lift cause hes been crap. LBs are terrible. Secondary....can say much good about them until Slay gets back to playing 100%.

You're right. Our D isn't good but they come up big at key moments. They also shit the bed at key moments lol. That's when our offense has to step in and save the day. Both our offense and defense seem to run off each others mistakes. It's a frickin mystery to me how they're doing it lol. All i know is that the North is up for grabs now and all the games down the stretch are winnable. Saints and the Cowboys will be tough though. Saints don't play defense though and the Cowboys D are overachieving IMO. Gonna get real interesting....

Lions have a nice schedule set up for last 7 but nothing is guaranteed. 4 home are must wins. Win one of 3 away games. Giants, cowboys, saints away are tough but clearly still winnable especially when everyone assumed we would lose to vikings

Going to be exciting. The team is playing clutch ball. They led going into 4th for 4 wins and were tied for other win. Plus 12 point lead in titans game that was.blown.

The defense gave up the leads but then either the offense or defense(Slay and bush) responded after the leads were given up

The Lions are -1 in point differential. Offensively they are 17th in points per game, 24th in yards per game. Defensively, they are 17th in points per game and 20th in yards per game. They are also in the middle of the pack in turnover margin at #15 (+1)

This is a mediocre football team that has had some good fortune. Hopefully it keeps up.

Lions are playing good clutch football. The five wins they have scored plenty for any team. Gb loss they scored plenty.

Titans, bears and texans game they lacked one or two more scores needed. Texans and bears have solid to good defense this year. Mainly for deteoit with weapons letting them down. Oline some in titans game. And of course the famous ebron opi

Lions played 5 top14 defenses and 5 top 14 offenses in ppg so far.

Dallas, saints and gb are top 11 offenses yet to come
Min,dallas, giants and chicago are top 14 defenses

Last edited:
Back