Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Colin Cowherd : Stafford vs Rodgers

I heard and saw nothing but facts from Colin in that 2 minutes...

I heard and saw nothing but facts from Colin in that 2 minutes...

That's what I heard as well. I probably agree with Cowherds point of view a majority of the time.

There was a rather large white lie in there. He said aaron rodgers has been given the world and only made it to an nfc championship. Kinda left out that whole super bowl mvp thing. ....nothing big.

Does anyone really give a crap? Some QB's are better and some worst. We still haven't won a playoff game since '91. Stupid franchise.

There was a rather large white lie in there. He said aaron rodgers has been given the world and only made it to an nfc championship. Kinda left out that whole super bowl mvp thing. ....nothing big.

He meant they had just went to the NFC championship game (2007, the year befor AR became the starter).....though he isn't too clear when he said it.

Does anyone really give a crap? Some QB's are better and some worst. We still haven't won a playoff game since '91. Stupid franchise.

If people didn't care.....including you and your 34,000 posts.....what would be the point of a sports forum?

He meant they had just went to the NFC championship game (2007, the year befor AR became the starter).....though he isn't too clear when he said it.

The point is the same....its easy to say he was given everyything.....but he fails to mention he actually produced once it was his. Its not an approapriate argument to try to compare that someone is better than him, then not bring up anything good hes done lol. The guys was frikken super bowl mvp. Stafford hasnt sniffed that....

And then you (cowherd) completely disregard what arod has done this year? Without all that stuff hes had in the past? 0 oline, all his rbs are injured, defense is dreadful....and hes putting up ridiculous numbers. Alot of people on here said the same thing about stafford....but used it as an excuse of why his numbers were down. So Arod gets the some bad luck, still produces at a high level.....and so that means hes not as good anymore? lol, doesnt make sense....

Last edited:
What was stupid about it ? He is spot on , the fact you think it was stupid just proves it was anything but .

Bringing up Stafford being a great HS QB has nothing to do with what he is now. Just like saying AR wasn't given a D1 offers has nothing to do with him being great now. Terrell Pryor was the #1 QB prospect coming out of HS. Does that mean he is a better QB now than Kirk Cousins who was #64?

Cowheard is the same guy that said AR is the best QB in NFL history a few years ago.

Bringing up Stafford being a great HS QB has nothing to do with what he is now. Just like saying AR wasn't given a D1 offers has nothing to do with him being great now. Terrell Pryor was the #1 QB prospect coming out of HS. Does that mean he is a better QB now than Kirk Cousins who was #64?

Cowheard is the same guy that said AR is the best QB in NFL history a few years ago.

He's giving their past's and how they got to where they are now , and hes saying its possible right now Stafford is better .

He's giving their past's and how they got to where they are now , and hes saying its possible right now Stafford is better .

It kinda goes against his argument to be honest. Staffords arm talent has given him every opportunity in the world....Better HS qb, qb for georgia, etc. While Rodgers has to continuously improve in JUCO, cal, then falling int he draft. Any GM in the world would rather pay Rogers a couple mil a year and get to a superbowl with him as your MVP instead of Paying Stafford 78 million to make it to the playoffs once. Stafford is lights out this year...that said im not sure hes playing "better" than Rodgers. Hes closed the gap for sure...not quite sure better is the word for it. Not to mention its been 1 year....Rodgers was better the other 7?

Rodgers only went to super bowl when he had the 2nd ranked defense. 2010 packers offense scored points like 2013 lions offense

Rodgers only went to super bowl when he had the 2nd ranked defense. 2010 packers offense scored points like 2013 lions offense

And stafford didnt do shit when he had a 2nd ranked defense. whats your point?

Stafford did well. Refs fucked us. Defense gave up 24, mainly due to refs. Cowboys 2014 better than any team green bay played in nfc in 2010. Bears, eagles and falcons were garbage

Plus the Discount Double Check Belt thing...and the whole he hits a fly in his house with the golf club - or does he, really? - with his (apparently) gay linebacker team mate/husband, that long haired linebacker freak from Ohio State who asks (while putting chips into his mouth while talking, pretty gross, if ya ask me) "well did'ja get it?"

I mean, he broke three glass things...the glass table the fly was on...the front window...and the window of the car out front...

We still don't know if Rodgers got that fly or not; and Cowherd says NOTHING about either of these events...

EDIT: My bad...it was a ceramic bowl the fly was on on a wooden little table type thing...and Clay Matthews was eating a sandwich, not chips...

So nevermind.

Last edited:
Plus the Discount Double Check Belt thing...and the whole he hits a fly in his house with the golf club - or does he, really? - with his (apparently) gay linebacker team mate/husband, that long haired linebacker freak from Ohio State who asks (while putting chips into his mouth while talking, pretty gross, if ya ask me) "well did'ja get it?"

I mean, he broke three glass things...the glass table the fly was on...the front window...and the window of the car out front...

We still don't know if Rodgers got that fly or not; and Cowherd says NOTHING about either of these events...

EDIT: My bad...it was a ceramic bowl the fly was on on a wooden little table type thing...and Clay Matthews was eating a sandwich, not chips...

So nevermind.

We don't know the status of the golf club either.

Back