Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Colin Cowherd : Stafford vs Rodgers

It was a great throw and great catch. Stop being a troll

Also Crosby hit two 50 yard field goal. If people rag on the lions with prater for one, two is the king of fluke. 28/54 for career and 0/4 game winning prior for Crosby

Falcons will take care of business

Also Crosby hit two 50 yard field goal. If people rag on the lions with prater for one, two is the king of fluke. 28/54 for career and 0/4 game winning prior for Crosby

Falcons will take care of business

They very well might. I doubt it is a 26-6 beat down though.

They very well might. I doubt it is a 26-6 beat down though.

Could be if falcons have five miracle catches with opi on a td. Refs allow falcons dpi on a crucial play in 4th down 7 and Rodgers injures his throwing hand with bulaga and linsley hurt. 26-6 falcons

Last edited:
Could be if falcons have five miracle catches with opi on a td. Refs allow falcons dpi on a crucial play in 4th down 7 and Rodgers injures his throwing hand with bulaga and linsley hurt. 26-6 falcons

the excuse maker strikes again

What happened to the time when a loss meant you just got beat by a better team that day?

What happened to the time when a loss meant you just got beat by a better team that day?

Pussy generation, that's what happened. Excuses and whining, and not enough back hands dished out by dads

Last edited:
Pussy generation, that's what happened. Excuses and whining, and not enough back hands dished out by dads

And where grades don't matter, everyone gets a trophy, and where the big bad wolf and the 3 little pigs become friends.

Last edited:
It's slow man, I know you are trying to troll just to troll.

He couldn't have put that ball in a better spot, running against his body and extending that play WELL beyond what it should have been.

I think the other thing that needs to be noted here. This is why McCarthy runs laps around Caldwell as a coach. Does ANYONE think Caldwell would have tried to move down the field with 30 seconds left AFTER being sacked? He would have sat on that ball and got to OT.

Also Crosby hit two 50 yard field goal. If people rag on the lions with prater for one, two is the king of fluke. 28/54 for career and 0/4 game winning prior for Crosby.

Crosby has now made an NFL-record 23 consecutive postseason field goals. Crosby is 26-of-28 on postseason field goal attempts for his career. The misses were from 54 yards against the Cardinals in the 2009 wild-card round and a 50-yarder against the Falcons in the 2010 divisional round.

And that throw by Rodgers was amazing. Running to his left, throwing it only where his receiver can catch it? Sorry you're having a bad day.

And where grades don't matter, everyone gets a trophy, and where the big bad wolf and the 3 little pigs become friends.

1dy2rt.jpg

For someone who claims to know the sport up and down, watching that play and coming to the conclusion it wasn't a good throw... I really don't know what else to say for you. I just wish you'd stop the trolling so this board could be more enjoyable.

How do you expect us to have realistic discussions with you when you come on here and say, "Stafford would have thrown it better?" That's all hypothetical BS. And you KNOW you are trolling us, just knock it off man. For the love of god.

It was wobbly. Cook had to perform a miracle to catch it. It was a tough throw and Rodgers did just enough. If Stafford made the same throw you would all be bashing him and praising the WR.

It wasn't a perfect spiral = "meh" apparently. Let's ignore the fact that he's rolling to his left as a right-handed quarterback and has to open his hips and throw without his feet set, and STILL put the ball in only a spot where his guy could make a play on it. We can also ignore the fact that it was Aaron himself who changed the routes in the huddle. Let's also ignore the fact that this set his team up to win a playoff game...

It was a great throw end of story. Stafford might be able to do the same, but unfortunately I have yet to see him perform any type of magic in the playoffs like Rodgers does.

Cook said afterwards that Rodgers put it in a "perfect spot" for him to make a play on it. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000775373/article/jared-cook-aaron-rodgers-made-it-easy-for-me

All this to say, I do think Stafford is talented, but anyone trying to say he's better than Rodgers is grasping at straws at this point.

Last edited:
Stafford is more talented than Rodgers. Packers have better run game and healthier Oline for better protection (also allowed to hold more). Both teams have plenty of weapons.

Stafford is more talented than Rodgers. Packers have better run game and healthier Oline for better protection (also allowed to hold more). Both teams have plenty of weapons.

Even if you're right...which nobody agrees with anyway....what's your point? Talent alone doesn't guarantee anything. Ryan Leaf was "talented".

It's about what you do with that talent. And honestly you've been having this exact same conversation with this board for probably 4-5 years now. Obviously nobody takes a troll seriously.

Stafford is a better decision maker too and smarter. Pack have the run game and better protection due to injuries to lions. 2011-2013 rodgers had better weapons

Quinn will roght the ship and finally get normal injuries

Last edited:
Stafford is a better decision maker too and smarter. Pack have the run game and better protection due to injuries to lions. 2011-2013 rodgers had better weapons

Quinn will roght the ship and finally get normal injuries

Your opinion is noted. I don't think I'm going out on a limb here by saying that nobody agrees or cares. I congratulate you once again on being able to know future events with 100% certainty also. Now that I know for a fact Stafford won't ever be hurt again I can sleep better.

Keep up the broken record routine if it makes you happy.

Back