Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's example of Christians behaving badly

This is actually the God as portrayed by George Burns in Oh God.

I can?t find the clip though.

Most us are probably know of this philosophy as that of the existence of the ?clockmaker god.?
If you take a clock to a repair shop, does the clock cease to perceive time while it's being taken apart and worked on?

If you take a clock to a repair shop, does the clock cease to perceive time while it's being taken apart and worked on?

Probably.

The clock maker god universe is perceived to be self perpetuating, with out need of being repaired once put into motion.

God is not the watchmaker; He is the watch and so are we.

God is not the watchmaker; He is the watch and so are we.

I want to be the dot at the very top that gets its turn one second before twelve.

Then, at the last second, I would come in and always be right twice a day, even if the watch was broke.

Last edited:
No Catholic School in MI would or does anything else. Your education clearly failed in your catechesis, though, which is its primary mission and responsibility.

I'll tell my mom and dad to ask for all the tuition money back, with interest.

are you doing that thing religious "scholars" do, where they take philosophical thought down a rabbit hole of their choosing, do unspeakable things to it, then claim when they get back to the surface their religious beliefs are still true?

I thought you posted in the past that you got a scholarship there, didn?t you?

oh yeah... it was about 1/4 of the annual tuition.

I was one of a handful of national merit scholars there, and my senior year they had my handsome face plastered on some of their marketing shit, in addition to putting my name on their signage and stuff for a couple months. "Congrats to our National Merit Scholars, Sleazy Guy, Angry Guy, Bitchy Guy, Lazy Guy, MathGenius, and MichChamp"

they easily made their money back on me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll tell my mom and dad to ask for all the tuition money back, with interest.

oh yeah... it was about 1/4 of the annual tuition.

I was one of a handful of national merit scholars there, and my senior year they had my handsome face plastered on some of their marketing shit, in addition to putting my name on their signage and stuff for a couple months. "Congrats to our National Merit Scholars, Sleazy Guy, Angry Guy, Bitchy Guy, Lazy Guy, MathGenius, and MichChamp"

they easily made their money back on me.

Isn?t it a non-profit?

The Tigers have three hits. Three. The Legend Felix Pena is subduing this potent lineup.

Pastor who raped daughter, 14, gets light prison sentence because he is a man of God

David Richards took the stand in his own defense, painting his accuser as a defiant teenager who first made her allegations of sexual abuse amid his attempts to impose strict rules for his children.

Forensic testing, however, uncovered the presence of seminal fluid with a DNA profile matching that of David Richards on the girl's bed frame.

A Knox County jury found Richards guilty on nine felony counts, including rape, incest and sexual battery by an authority figure following three days of testimony in February.

Prosecutors sought the maximum term of 72 years behind bars.

The judge acknowledged Richards' longtime ministry ? he began a Bible study among his fellow inmates while jailed at the Knox County Detention Facility ? and the support he still receives as mitigating factors.

My late Grandma's old parish. Glad she wasn't around to hear that.
My cousin's parish in EL had to get a new priest for their wedding last fall, because the priest they planned to have conduct the ceremony was involved in a sex scandal. But as I understand it, it was with one of the adult female office workers or employees, or maybe a nun.

at least this was an adult consensual relationship, which really IS no big deal (aside from taking vows of celibacy, and pretending that makes one morally superior to lay persons).

But I guess even my religious family members are so used to this stuff they didn't seem at all phased by it, and kinda just mentioned it in passing, and wouldn't elaborate on the details.

My cousin's parish in EL had to get a new priest for their wedding last fall, because the priest they planned to have conduct the ceremony was involved in a sex scandal. But as I understand it, it was with one of the adult female office workers or employees, or maybe a nun.

at least this was an adult consensual relationship, which really IS no big deal (aside from taking vows of celibacy, and pretending that makes one morally superior to lay persons).

But I guess even my religious family members are so used to this stuff they didn't seem at all phased by it, and kinda just mentioned it in passing, and wouldn't elaborate on the details.

Celibate adult priests fucking celibate adult nuns has been happening since the beginning of times.

That?s the way it?s supposed to be.

The priest and a nun in this case should be given a medal, not a suspension.

Celibate adult priests fucking celibate adult nuns has been happening since the beginning of times.

That?s the way it?s supposed to be.

The priest and a nun in this case should be given a medal, not a suspension.
haha, I agree. That's why I didn't make it an official entry for this thread. My highschool AP English teacher, a formidable loudmouth of a man (at least to us 17-18 year olds) may he rest in peace, was a former priest, and his wife was a former nun.

I searched "priest marries nun" to see how common it is, and couldn't find any general discussions, just specific examples. I did find this list of things Ex-priests aren't supposed to do, but having sex isn't on it. Presumably that's the main reason people leave priesthood...

Founder of the Mexican-based "La Luz Del Mundo" church arrested in LA on 26 felony counts, including forcible sexual conduct with a minor and child trafficking, link.

There's one of these churches on the N side of Houston, on the way to the airport for me. super sketchy looking... it's right on the freeway and looks like a huge white Roman temple. but it's surrounded by run-down lumber yards, auto-repair shops, and fleabag motels.

Place creeps me out.

My translator says "La Luz Del Mundo" means The light of the world. May he fry in the deeps of hell. Sick bastard.

Today's Example:
A new report released Tuesday reveals that, over the past eight years, the Catholic Church has spent $10.6 million in the northeastern United States to fight legislation that would help victims of clergy sexual abuse seek justice.​

Luke 19:8
"And Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, 'Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor. And if I have defrauded anyone of anything, I restore it fourfold.'"

... and then Zacchaeus added, "unless the statute of limitations has expired. And if any should seek to extend the statute of limitations by legislative action, I shall spend millions lobbying against it."

Matthew 5:25
"Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison."

Guess they missed that one...

Back