Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Steelers loss

With Carolina winning it is division or bust for sure now.
Maddening that we should be 8-2 at the worst right now instead of 6-4...

My goodness do you overreact on things. Giving up on Stafford. Yeesh.

Stafford has proven he can make the throws he needs to. Dallas and Chicago game show that, Washington game.

He didn't make them on Sunday in the rain. Needed one more probably for the victory. We'll see how he rebounds in these last crucial 6 games.

Doesnt matter bro. Stafford throws lights out against the Bucs, the excuse will be well, we played the Bucs. It never ends with these guys.

Last edited:
I agree with the blitzing part. You need to switch it up now and then. Make the other team think we might blitz. It makes it so much easier for them knowing we ain't coming.

We dont blitz, we cant blitz, we dont blitz because our secondary sucks. When are you going to understand that.

Teams will murder us even worse of we blitz. Imagine that?

Doesnt matter bro. Stafford throws lights out against the Bucs, the excuse will be well, we played the Bucs. It never ends with these guys.

I think it will be, "yeah, where was this last week or against ____.

I just wish our number one pick was a bit more consistent. Its not like the Steeler's have a great defense. Rain or not, there is a problem when the other QB gets it done and we don't.

We dont blitz, we cant blitz, we dont blitz because our secondary sucks. When are you going to understand that.

Teams will murder us even worse of we blitz. Imagine that?

How do you know? Maybe we actually get to the QB. And it's not like we're asking them to blitz 50% of the time..but now and again maybe it will make the other team change their play calling from time to time. Even bad defensive teams blitz every so often..

I think it will be, "yeah, where was this last week or against ____.

I just wish our number one pick was a bit more consistent. Its not like the Steeler's have a great defense. Rain or not, there is a problem when the other QB gets it done and we don't.

4th best pass D in the nfl. Tom Brady scorched them, otherwise the only guy that's had a 300 yard game against them is Stafford. Have only given up multiple passing tds 3 times this year. Brady (4 which were well overdue for him), Cassell (2), Stafford (2). Still a great secondary

Last edited:
4th best pass D in the nfl. Tom Brady scorched them, otherwise the only guy that's had a 300 yard game against them is Stafford. Have only given up mmultiple passing tds 3 times this year. Brady (4 which were well overdue for him), Cassell (2), Stafford (2). Still a great secondary

Well if that's true then they're overrated because yesterday they were bad. We had chance after chance and didn't succeed.

Well if that's true then they're overrated because yesterday they were bad. We had chance after chance and didn't succeed.

If what's true? Nobody besides Brady has looked great against them this year.

If what's true? Nobody besides Brady has looked great against them this year.

What I'm saying is they don't look 4th best. Not sure who they've been playing but 4th best, I don't see it..

They blitzed 6 times on Sunday on 51 pass plays by the way.

The only thing I am really mad about with the loss is all of the dropped passes which has been all year. Its insane that we are already over 30 drops for the season. Stafford could have looked better but who is going to catch the damn ball anyways. Staff missed on the early swing pass to Bush and then had an overthrow down the field other than that I though he looked ok. We went away from Johnson and really didnt use much playaction in the second half until we were forced into it. We were killing them with the run and playaction on first down would have been effective but we kept running it. Also Bush cant run on real grass especially if its muddy. Bell was the lone bright spot all second half but it wasnt enough when you have Ross and Durham dropping great passes for first downs. At some point guys need to step up.
The defense was terrible. We couldnt stop any damn pass plays all game. Unless it was thrown against a LB. Levy and Tully again were brilliant as were Suh and Fairley. But at some point we need to get to the qb or jump some dang routes. I am sick of our cbs going for the man and not the ball. Its just not a very effective way to play in the secondary and we proved that again. We will still be fine and Pitt is a better team then their record indicates but we still should have won.

40 drops. Most teams with similar attempts have around 20. Get sure handed Burleson back and Bush needs to get his head out of his ass. Durham and Ross are going to drop balls. Pettgrew has turned it around with only 3. Calvin does drop some balls Give Stafford 20 more completions and his comp % is fine.

Most batted passes in the league with 12.

Last edited:
40 drops. Most teams with similar attempts have around 20. Get sure handed Burleson back and Bush needs to get his head out of his ass. Durham and Ross are going to drop balls. Pettgrew has turned it around with only 3. Calvin does drop some balls Give Stafford 20 more completions and his comp % is fine.

Most batted passes in the league with 12.

According to what I have read the Lions have 33 drops. Durham has been good...only 2 drops with a drop rate of only 3.6%. Broyles and Scheffler have 6 and are not playing now. Bush is the biggest offender with 7 drops which is TERRIBLE since most of the passes thrown to him should be the easiest to catch.

I would be interested to see how many of the batted balls are because of Stafford vs. the O-Line.

How do you know? Maybe we actually get to the QB. And it's not like we're asking them to blitz 50% of the time..but now and again maybe it will make the other team change their play calling from time to time. Even bad defensive teams blitz every so often..

What do you mean 'how do i know'? I watch the games!! We're not a blitzing team. Our LBs are run stuffers and coverage guys. Now that doesnt mean you never do it because you have to switch it up...i get that part but look at our secondary, they fn blow, they're terrible and need help at all times. Its why you barely ever see a CB or Safety blitzing either.

Its not rocket science

According to what I have read the Lions have 33 drops. Durham has been good...only 2 drops with a drop rate of only 3.6%. Broyles and Scheffler have 6 and are not playing now. Bush is the biggest offender with 7 drops which is TERRIBLE since most of the passes thrown to him should be the easiest to catch.

I would be interested to see how many of the batted balls are because of Stafford vs. the O-Line.

PFF has them at 40 including the Steelers game. Calvin 7, Durham 6, Broyles 3, Ogleetree, Edwards and Burleson 1 each, Ross 2, Pettigrew 3, Scheffler 3, Fauria 1, Bush 8, Riddick 1, Bell 3. That's 40

he is good but probably still a middle of the road NFL QB. I have always thought that great QBs make average WRs look good. I think guys like Rodgers, Brady, Brees and Manning do that. I think for once a WR is making a QB look better than he is....Calvin Johnson is making Stafford look much better than he acutally is.

Thats because you're an idiot....

PFF has them at 40 including the Steelers game. Calvin 7, Durham 6, Broyles 3, Ogleetree, Edwards and Burleson 1 each, Ross 2, Pettigrew 3, Scheffler 3, Fauria 1, Bush 8, Riddick 1, Bell 3. That's 40

Thats fn horrific....yikes. Do drops factor into Staffs completion %?

What I'm saying is they don't look 4th best. Not sure who they've been playing but 4th best, I don't see it..

Wtf dont you see?!? He just told you...theres nothing to see. Pittsburgh is not a bad football team

Thats fn horrific....yikes. Do drops factor into Staffs completion %?

The one on ESPN. Yes they do. PFF has their own where they factor out drops and throw aways and spikes and batted balls.

And like I said QBS with similar attempts as Stafford have around 20-25 drops.

Plus Stafford has most batted balls against him.

Stafford has played well this year. PFF ranks Stafford as the 3rd best QB overall. But I'm sure the haters will come up with some excuse why others aren't higher.

Back