Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 NFC Playoff Thread

The Lions didn't let the Vikings take the division. The Vikings are a superior team in every aspect of the game.

Even after losing 2 qb's and a really good rookie running back. Lions waste another golden opportunity to win the divison . Probably would have with better coaching. Better coaching wins at least the Steelers, and Falcons game. I am sure there others.
Sad fact is a lot of teams like the Vikings were bad last season and have passed the Lions this year. Other teams improve . The Lions just stay the same. They just barley get by the teams under .500 , and are terrible (4-23) verses teams over .500. That Thanksgiving effort and the 10 days to prepare for the Ravens are all I need to see with Caldwell. Espically the Ravens game. Deplorable .

The Vikings could win 13 games this season, even if the Lions won on Thanksgiving they still would've had a tough time winning the division, it's not like the Vikings are going to squeak by at 9-7 to win the division. I don't know how this could be considered a missed opportunity anymore, the Vikings are very good this year, period.

The Vikings could win 13 games this season, even if the Lions won on Thanksgiving they still would've had a tough time winning the division, it's not like the Vikings are going to squeak by at 9-7 to win the division. I don't know how this could be considered a missed opportunity anymore, the Vikings are very good this year, period.

Vikings are very healthy this year. Detroit is the better team

They know how to build a team. Good defense, solid RB - you can win with a slew of different QB. NO got smart, it took them awhile, they improved their defense.

Last edited:
They know how to build a team. Good defense, solid RB - you can win with a slew of different QB. NO got smart, it took them awhile, they improved their defense.

They had that last year and went 8-8 getting swept by Detroit. They just got super lucky health this year on defense

Griffen hurt all year, Hunter IR preseason, Linval Joseph IR Week 5, Tom Johnson IR pre season. Then fucking come talk to me about the Vikings defense

Last edited:
Take out Reiff first 6 plus limited in the 7th.
Take out Joe Berger several games
Take out all backup Vikings guards until Week 14
Take out Remmers a few games and Rashod Hill 8 games
Take out Efflein as much as Swanson as missed

Then come fucking talk to me about Keenum's protection and run bloking

They had that last year and went 8-8 getting swept by Detroit. They just got super lucky health this year on defense

Griffen hurt all year, Hunter IR preseason, Linval Joseph IR Week 5, Tom Johnson IR pre season. Then fucking come talk to me about the Vikings defense

2Q==
hey-bud-whats.jpg

9k=

Last edited:
dude your out jer damn mind, the Lions are no where near a better team, it's not even close.

I mean, losing your starting QB and RB is super healthy in today's world?

FYI, this is sarcasm, I fully agree with you.

Last edited:
Great thread, again, Grandy. Too bad it ended in failure per usual.

Playoff thread is over sadly. Great work but as usual the Lions owners , Gm,players and coaches fail yet again.

Last edited:
the playoff thread isn't over...the Lions are just not in it anymore.

On to the 2018 Draft Thread....the Lion's annual Super Bowl

Updated

Detroit and Dallas are eliminated

LA wins the West

NO and Carolina clinch playoff berths, one of them will win the South, the other will be the 5th seed

Atlanta owns the head-to-head tiebreak over Seattle. If Atlanta wins or Seattle loses next week Atlanta is in, Seattle needs a win and an Atlanta loss or tie (or Seattle tie and Atlanta loss) to get in

49ers look like a completely different team w/Garappolo, too bad that they didn't acquire him in the first quarter of the season. Look out next year NFCW.

Who wins a playoff game first, Stafford with the Lions or Garoppolo with the 49ers?

Garoppolo b/c Lions either stay off course w/Caldwell, or start over with new HC+staff and new schemes.

Last edited:
Who wins a playoff game first, Stafford with the Lions or Garoppolo with the 49ers?

Tough call

Lions are probably going to be in limbo with a new coaching staff

The NFC West is going to be incredibly tough next year (and beyond) with LA, Seattle, and a healthier Cardinals team

I'm leaning toward neither, but I'll take Garoppolo if I had to choose. Never pick the Lions.

Back