Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2018 Head Coach Search Matt Patricia

this is supposed to be one of the best RB classes in recent history and it will be the year the Lions don't draft one.

DE and Dt way more important than rb

Deep class then. Rb round 3 or 4

Last edited:
Abdullah lots of talent. Cheap. Can be a receiver like Riddick. Trade only abdullah option. No way you cut him

Hyde should get most of the snaps, good hands too so he should also see some receiving action

Riddick will be there on passing downs

Marvin, Tate, Golladay, TJ, Ebron soaking up targets

Is he splitting time with Riddick?

How many snaps/touches would Abdullah even see? or would he simply be an insurance policy?

I fail to see how Abdullah fits in with a Hyde signing and how that million wouldn?t be better spent elsewhere. They can try and trade him but I don?t think they?ll get much for a RB who suffered a major foot injury in the past, has accomplished little in the NFL, and is playing on a contract with one year left. If Quinn can get anything for him, then great.

I'm in for Sony Michel.....great all around back. Suddenness and speed at 215 with some pass catching ability.

Guy will probably run in the 4.45 range, too.

IDK why I like the kid so much, but I watched a few of his games this year, and he's not particularly big nor fast, Myles Gaskin can run/catch the ball very well. If he declares i think he would be a NICE option anytime after the 3rd for a good late round RB. Just looked it up, he's same height as Kamara and Hunt.... Just about 15-20 pounds lighter...

Last edited:
So there are only 3 other teams without a coach correct?

So there is only some risk of us losing out on Patricia (If that's who the lions have settled on) to a better offer.

Nothing can be official until the Patriots finish their season is my understanding.

So there are only 3 other teams without a coach correct?

So there is only some risk of us losing out on Patricia (If that's who the lions have settled on) to a better offer.

Nothing can be official until the Patriots finish their season is my understanding.

Correct, he?ll be available to hire when the Pats season is done. Every report indicates that Patricia is the guy, Vrabel is the only other name that?s loosely linked to the job. With such a lack of alternatives being talked about, I can?t imagine Patricia not being the guy. They?ll probably have an ?unofficial? agreement in place with Patricia soon (if they don?t already).

Correct, he?ll be available to hire when the Pats season is done. Every report indicates that Patricia is the guy, Vrabel is the only other name that?s loosely linked to the job. With such a lack of alternatives being talked about, I can?t imagine Patricia not being the guy. They?ll probably have an ?unofficial? agreement in place with Patricia soon (if they don?t already).

Be nice to scoop up vrabel as a dc.

Stafford has great numbers with cooter. Keep cooter, add a power back and maybe a run game coordinator. Healthy oline will help

Stafford has great numbers with cooter. Keep cooter, add a power back and maybe a run game coordinator. Healthy oline will help

This offense sucks and is one dimensional under Cooter

Last edited:
Back