Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2019 Offseason (General)

Aye they are the exploited class. Current NHL is built around paying your stars big money, and filling in the holes with inexpensive ELC/RFA players.

Justin Faulk is rumoured to be on verge of traded to Ducks. Carolina has been speculated all of 2018-19 to be interested in moving 1 D out and with Gardiner, it became an inevitability.

Seems he wants an extension before waiving the NTC.

https://www.tsn.ca/report-hurricane...n-to-approve-trade-to-anaheim-ducks-1.1363253

How much will Faulk get in a trade? I know he won't but I'd like Yzerman to put his hat in the ring.

How much will Faulk get in a trade? I know he won't but I'd like Yzerman to put his hat in the ring.

I dunno, would get a 1st or 2nd round pick. A top 6 forward. And a blue chip prospect.

And maybe some small kickers.

A Norris level d-man locked for 7-8 years, it would be a good start for negotiations.

Might be able to talk down from there, but that is what I'd expect be an asking price.

On Ducks,
Kase is young and didn't hit his potential yet.
Rakell has proven to be a solid 2nd line guy.

Henrique/Silferberg both have some trade protection and signed their contract within past year. They are also older than Kase/Rakell but still under 30.

Not too sure about Ducks prospects stream, but I think Maxime Comtois would be their #1 prospect. He could be a top line forward.

Marner would have to accept it.

He also reportedly turned down a 7 year deal worth 11 mil per year.

Marner would have to accept it.

He also reportedly turned down a 7 year deal worth 11 mil per year.

Really? That seems like a heck of a deal. No way he gets that from Toronto. Especially since they're at 0 cap, lol.

Last edited:
I heard he is looking for a 3 year deal around 11 million. That way when they qualify him at the end of that deal he will be in the 12.5+ range.

Josh Morrissey signs extension with Jets. $50 million over 8 years, worth 6.25 million per year.

Jets still got Laine and Connor to extend.

Ivan Provorov reportedly close to signing extension with Philadelphia.

They got about 80.5-81 million commited to a 23 man roster.

13.6 million on LTIR.

Think capwise they are okay.

Horton/Clarkson are about 10.5 million and they never going to play again.

Who knows, perhaps they will be under the 23 player limit to just squeeze on through. Because eventually Hyman and Dermot should be back during the season.

Much like Detroit has 10 mil in LTIR from Franzen/Zetterberg

Spurgeon signs extension.

7 years deal worth 7.575 million per season.

Last edited:
Back