Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2019 Offseason (General)

Point got signed, cheaply I might add. I think it's 6.75AAV for 3 years.

Yea, that is super cheap for a player of his ability.

Also Faulk got traded today and got an extension. Carolina pretty much gave him away.

Blues Acquire:
Justin Faulk
5th round pick [2020]

Carolina Acquire:
Joel Edmundson [decent defensive D-man]
Dominik Bokk [Prospect who plays in Sweden]
7th round pick [2021]

Faulk's extension is for 7 years worth $6.5 million per season.

https://www.tsn.ca/st-louis-blues-a...na-hurricanes-reach-seven-year-deal-1.1370832

Apparently Rantanen signed 6 years with Avs today. Over 9AAV is rumored.

Marleau 1 year deal with SJ worth 700k

Ottawa acquire:
Namestnikov

NYR acquire:
Nick Ebert
4th round pick (2021)

CAP SPACE, although they do retain 750k

Didn't know where else to put it but Ilya Kovalchuk released after clearing waivers by the Kings.

Big time player once before injuries.. Kings was just the wrong place, and that contract.

Didn't know where else to put it but Ilya Kovalchuk released after clearing waivers by the Kings.

Big time player once before injuries.. Kings was just the wrong place, and that contract.

I wrote something up but I guess forgot to hit send. Definitively best place to post this, don't think it merits seperate thread.

I don't think he had any injury issues though. This season the team just told him to stop showing up we don't need you.

He had 9 points in 17 games playing 2nd line minutes which isn't bad. Not the superstar Kovie he once was.

Still he made about 14 million of his 18.x million deal. Not bad for one and a half seasons.

Now he is free to return to KHL or find next NHL team willing to pay him.

Last edited:
I wrote something up but I guess forgot to hit send.

I don't think he had any injury issues though. This season the team just told him to stop showing up we don't need you.

He had 9 points in 17 games playing 2nd line minutes which isn't bad. Not the superstar Kovie he once was.

Still he made about 14 million of his 18.x million deal. Not bad for one and a half seasons.

Now he is free to return to KHL or find next NHL team willing to pay him.
I meant from 2012-13 to last season before signing with Kings. Not sure if it was injuries or not. The numbers weren't bad at all.

Nice career for sure. I hope someone gives him a chance.

I don't think Kovie ever missed much time.

Even when SKA won the Gagarin cup, it was old man Datsyuk who was hurt for final 2+ rounds of the playoffs.

datsyuk-kovalchuk-021514-620.jpg

Ilya+Kovalchuk+Ice+Hockey+Winter+Olympics+XG3-3K93-yKl.jpg

ice-hockey-player-ilya-kovalchuk-and-russias-president-vladimir-putin-picture-id912614362

Even when Russian team takes picture with Putin, Kovie takes center stage. Datsyuk hiding in the background.

pavel-datskyuk-and-ilya-kovalchuk.jpg

They even let Kovie wear the C, although Datsyuk was Captain. Kovie was stipped of his captaincy at SKA a while before Datsyuk arrived.

Still no Stanley Cup for him.
Olympic Gold - yes
Gagarin Cup - yes (x2)
World Championship - yes (x2)

Back