Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bowl Games

Strange game. OSU has been in control the whole way yet their offense has done jack squat in the second half and the yardage totals favor USC significantly.

His pocket awareness isn't great, but boy he can make some throws at times.

After watching Josh Allen the other day, I thought Sam Darnold looked like a freshman today. Hopefully the Browns dont take Allen and they take Darnold or Rosen.

That’s odd ....barely a mention of the B10’s 5-0 Bowl record by espn.

Hopefully two more bowl wins today and then Michigan closes it out with a blowout win on Monday. B1G is the conference of champions.

That?s odd ....barely a mention of the B10?s 5-0 Bowl record by espn.

It doesn't confirm their "Big Ten sucks" narrative. If they mention it at all, they'll make excuses for why the non-B1G opponents lost.

I don't think any stock can be put into bowl records by conference. It's just a mis mash of random teams, etc.

You gotta be kidding, right?

Whenever the B1G is less than stellar during the bowl season, that's pretty much all they talk about.

When the SEC is doing well during the bowl season, they carry on like they're at a wedding.

You gotta be kidding, right?

Whenever the B1G is less than stellar during the bowl season, that's pretty much all they talk about.

When the SEC is doing well during the bowl season, they carry on like they're at a wedding.

No weddings for them so far; SEC hasn't won a single bowl so far, LOL.

I don't think any stock can be put into bowl records by conference. It's just a mis mash of random teams, etc.

I think an argument can be made that the bowl wins reflect the quality of a conference. The teams in the bowls are supposed to be the best of their conference. So, a conference that has teams that wins many bowls is of higher quality than a conference that has teams that lose most of its bowls. Well, I think the argument has merit this year anyway.

I tend to agree. A lot of it depends on matchups and some years a conference wins a bunch of close games and other years they lose a bunch of close games. I think the Big Ten not getting anyone into the playoff has created a trickle down of favorable (or at least winnable) matchups in the other bowls.

However, I agree with tinsel in that if the Big Ten was 0-5 right now even if the factors mentioned above are at play, ESPN and others would be all over it.

Back