Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bowl Games

Maybe we should all start chanting Big 10 like the Waffle House Conference does.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I thought it was hilarious that the Kentucky fans were chanting it during the game. Quite pathetic coming from them.

That's pretty funny, and where I have to draw the line as far as conference "pride" goes.

For whatever reason it was lost on me that last night's game was a true road game for Wisconsin. So a pretty impressive job by them given that.

I am not sure what I think about the playoff selections now at this point. I still think in a head-to-head matchup Bama probably beats OSU, but at the same time Bama really beat nobody all year and OSU had some good wins, and the Big Ten's performance so far backs up that they were legitimately good wins. But now it sets it up to where I think there's a pretty good chance that 5 Big Ten teams could be ranked in the top 12 to start next season, well unless that is only something that happens with SEC teams.

Sadly the bowl games have just bored me. I have watched a few 4th quarters and a few other games but not one all the way through until tomorrow. The 4 team playoff system just bores the heck out of me with no real long shot underdog team to root for. Can't wait for expansion. I wonder if this final 4 will get good ratings?

Last edited:
Sadly the bowl games have just bored me. I have watched a few 4th quarters and a few other games but not one all the way through until tomorrow. The 4 team playoff system just bores the heck out of me with no real long shot underdog team to root for. Can't wait for expansion. I wonder if this final 4 will get good ratings?

there have been a lot of good games. A long shot has NO CHANCE in college football.

The final 4 games will have great ratings.

there have been a lot of good games. A long shot has NO CHANCE in college football.

The final 4 games will have great ratings.

Not from me. That's like saying a wildcard team has no shot of winning the super bowl . I am not saying these are the wrong 4 teams . They just all bore me. I want more choices, and yes a long shot has a chance. Boise St, has proven it can beat power 5 teams so your wrong. Long shots do in fact have a shot !!!

Last edited:
I've watched the OSU, PSU, and Wisc games. That is more than I usually watch. All have been pretty entertaining for me. But I have been doing other things while watching the games, so not riveted to the TV. Tomorrow will, of course, be different. Complete laser-like focus for tomorrow's game.

I think I checked in on the Iowa, Purdue, Northwestern, MSU and Ohio State games.

I paid a little more attention to the two B!G games yesterday; had them on for most of the games but was doing other stuff at the same time.

I'm glad for what it's worth and for whatever reason the B1G is doing as well as it is.

I think the college football season ends for me tomorrow after the Michigan game.

I paid a little more attention in years past just because of our yahoo bowl pick'ems game we play.

I've enjoyed the few bowl games that I've tuned in for. I watched the NW game, the Iowa game and the PSU game entirely. I caught a bit of the OSU game and the UW game. I watched the 1st quarter of Sparty. That one was just too late on a weeknight. Dumb! It kicked off at 9:05pm on a thursday night. Stupid!

Still undecided on what I'll watch tomorrow. I will watch the entire Michigan game and I will care, because it is Michigan. Don't know if I'll tune into the playoffs or not

I do agree with Bob. It'd be a lot better with my scenario, 5 conference champions, 3 at large, which would include UCF. Give it that underdog element. It's a no brainer. Someone...get it done!

agree with Tinsel, also. Didn't have time to respond to his awesome, long post about running to the board, going to the bowl thread, claiming to not care about the bowls, while watching and talking about the bowls in the bowl thread...the fuck!??!

That was an awesome post, Tinsel, just like most of your posts...

agree with Tinsel, also. Didn't have time to respond to his awesome, long post about running to the board, going to the bowl thread, claiming to not care about the bowls, while watching and talking about the bowls in the bowl thread...the fuck!??!

That was an awesome post, Tinsel, just like most of your posts...

Put your sack on, address me straight on about it.

Who the hell said I DID NOT CARE ABOUT BOWLS? Did I say that at any point in any of this conversation? I said, I don't care about the CONFERENCE RECORD in bowl games, because it is a random hodge podge and random set up of teams that creates some false narrative that one conference is better than another. The Big Ten could run the table in bowls this season, puff their chest out for a year, and get trucked next year because the matchups are crap. I've enjoyed watching the games, and I always have. That's why I've commented on the games, because individually they have been very enjoyable to follow.

Before you try and call people out about it, actually read through the thread and understand what the conversation is about.

Last edited:
Put your sack on, address me straight on about it.

Who the hell said I DID NOT CARE ABOUT BOWLS? Did I say that at any point in any of this conversation? I said, I don't care about the CONFERENCE RECORD in bowl games, because it is a random hodge podge and random set up of teams to create some false narrative that one conference is better than another. The Big Ten could run the table in bowls this season, puff their chest out for a year, and get trucked next year because the matchups are crap. I've enjoyed watching the games, and I always have. That's why I've commented on the games, because individually they have been very enjoyable to follow.

Before you try and call people out about it, actually read through the thread and understand what the conversation is about.

Well, you also did say this in #281:

The only thing that matters is winning your conference and doing something on the national stage (playoff).

That kind of implies that the only bowls that matter are championship semi-finals and finals.

"That kind of implies" is obviously understatement - that's what you said directly and exactly.

As far as what conference record means or doesn't mean, I guess that's up to the individual fan.

I like when the B1G does well. If somebody else doesn't care, okay, so what? No skin off my ass.

Well, you also did say this in #281:

The only thing that matters is winning your conference and doing something on the national stage (playoff).

That kind of implies that the only bowls that matter are championship semi-finals and finals.

"That kind of implies" is obviously understatement - that's what you said directly and exactly.

As far as what conference record means or doesn't mean, I guess that's up to the individual fan.

I like when the B1G does well. If somebody else doesn't care, okay, so what? No skin off my ass.

Was just going to point this out

You did post that only the playoffs matter, in this thread

and don't go acting like this is the only thread ever that you've posted on about what you care about and what you don't care about. You've posted plenty about how you don't care about this bowl game or that bowl game, so don't act like this is the only thread that you have ever commented on.

And don't watch tomorrow and don't comment about the Outback Bowl until you admit that you are or were wrong and that you do care. You've already stated that you don't care about the Outback bowl in a different thread.

I know you'd like us to forget about a lot of your posts, but we won't.

Last edited:
Was just going to point this out

You did post that only the playoffs matter, in this thread

and don't go acting like this is the only thread ever that you've posted on about what you care about and what you don't care about. You've posted plenty about how you don't care about this bowl game or that bowl game, so don't act like this is the only thread that you have ever commented on.

And don't watch tomorrow and don't comment about the Outback Bowl until you admit that you are or were wrong and that you do care. You've already stated that you don't care about the Outback bowl in a different thread.

I know you'd like us to forget about a lot of your posts, but we won't.

To me, it's just funny, yeah, the guy just does this...last summer - someone - I think it was you - started a thread about thoughts on the upcoming Michigan football season; and dubbs did the same thing - came on and made a post about how it was way too soon for him to be thinking about Michigan football - he had all his summer activities to think about before that.

Okay, fine, but to me, it's amusingly odd - taking time to point that you're not interested in something - "I'd like add something to this, but I don't care, so I'll just point out how much I don't care..." that's a little self absorbed and self important.

So me, I started a thread titled "Threads About Things You Care So Little About That You Would Actually Make a Point to Post About How Little You care..."

It's like walking up to a stranger on the street and saying, "excuse me, but I just want to tell you that I have no interest whatsoever in meeting you, talking to you or ever interacting with you in any way."

It was not my intention to get into some long back and forth about it. I was just posting to say that I agreed with Tinsel's post on the subject and I didn't feel like going back to find his post again to quote it. I figured he would know what I was talking about.

That being said, I do care about the conference bowl record and I do care about the bowl games. I think the bowl practices are valuable and Coach Harbaugh has stated that he thinks they are valuable. I think many others care about the conference bowl record and it is a story, since I have seen several articles written by both local and national writers about the B1G's 7-0 bowl record. I have an interest in all of the B1G bowl games and I'd love to be able to have the time to watch them all.

I will be tuning into the Michigan game today at Noon and I care about what happens. I think that there are others like me. I think that some people that genuinely do not care and I think that some people claim they don't care, but they are wrong or lying.

Last edited:
I'm excited for our game, but the Purdue game was the only other game I watched and cared about. I wanted OSU, MSU, and PSU to lose, but I didn't bother tuning in to watch.

Hope we kick South Carolina's ass today! Go Blue!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

To me, it's just funny, yeah, the guy just does this...last summer - someone - I think it was you - started a thread about thoughts on the upcoming Michigan football season; and dubbs did the same thing - came on and made a post about how it was way too soon for him to be thinking about Michigan football - he had all his summer activities to think about before that.

Okay, fine, but to me, it's amusingly odd - taking time to point that you're not interested in something - "I'd like add something to this, but I don't care, so I'll just point out how much I don't care..." that's a little self absorbed and self important.

So me, I started a thread titled "Threads About Things You Care So Little About That You Would Actually Make a Point to Post About How Little You care..."

It's like walking up to a stranger on the street and saying, "excuse me, but I just want to tell you that I have no interest whatsoever in meeting you, talking to you or ever interacting with you in any way."

It's worse than that. I find it condescending. Can you imagine, walking up to a group of people, listening to what they are talking about for 10 minutes, then interjecting into that group that you don't care about what they are talking about? it's almost implied that he is saying, "I don't care about what you're talking about and you're stupid for not feeling like me."

I've already spent too much time on the subject, though, on to better things!! Why no one started the game thread yet?

The pregame for the Outback Bowl starts at 1130am EST on ESPNu...for those that care.

Last edited:
Back