Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Climate change, pollution, dwindling resources and natural places

Gulo Blue

There are other carbon-neutral options for transportation. Hydrogen, for one. If GM is going electric in 14 years, the charging infrastructure will be immense. Level 1 charging is not an option. Level 2 would be required at home, and hopefully the price of Level 3 is not prohibitive.

Last edited:
There are other carbon-neutral options for transportation. Hydrogen, for one. If GM is going electric in 14 years, the charging infrastructure will be immense. Level 1 charging is not an option. Level 2 would be required at home, and hopefully the price of Level 3 is not prohibitive.

I think level 3 will require battery development. Right now, it wears them out quickly.

It would not surprise me if it takes so long to make level 3 work, the military tries swappable battery units.

We're on the "we're totally fucked" projection for the worst case scenario due to climate change.

Makes sense. We haven't done shit to address it, and elect people that make a boast of burning more carbon

We're past the point where there won't be changes we'll have to adapt to. There will be increases in human migration and need to food aid. But there's still a huge range of possible outcomes and opportunity for us to do something about it. The problem is more political will than practical limitations.

I don't think you'd notice a plant based Taco Bell taco at all. Just the price increase which should go away in time.

Last edited:
We're past the point where there won't be changes we'll have to adapt to. There will be increases in human migration and need to food aid. But there's still a huge range of possible outcomes and opportunity for us to do something about it. The problem is more political will than practical limitations.

I don't think you'd notice a plant based Taco Bell taco at all. Just the price increase which should go away in time.

At this point I'm assuming the changes won't be "merely inconvenient" but "catastrophic."

You're thinking "Taco Bell might have to switch to plant based protein! :nod:"

I'm thinking "After we trade our goods for ammunition and gasoline in Bartertown, on our way back to Government Shelter Zone 62A, we can hole up for the night in that abandoned Taco Bell so the Highway Marauders won't get us"

At this point I'm assuming the changes won't be "merely inconvenient" but "catastrophic."

You're thinking "Taco Bell might have to switch to plant based protein! :nod:"

I'm thinking "After we trade our goods for ammunition and gasoline in Bartertown, on our way back to Government Shelter Zone 62A, we can hole up for the night in that abandoned Taco Bell so the Highway Marauders won't get us"

I'm optimistic, but not quite that optimistic. I expect regional wars over resources, but I don't know if it will be WWIII. I'm leaning against reasonably solidly.

Last edited:
https://www.wearecentralpa.com/news...nd-in-100-of-pennsylvania-waterways-surveyed/
This pollution affects daily life, for statistics show we consume about a credit card work of plastic every week.

?It?s in our air, so we breathe it. It?s in our food, so we eat it. It?s in our water, so we drink it,? said Faran Savitz, conservation associate for PennEnvironment Research & Policy Center.

Microplastic is smaller than a grain of rice, and PennEnvironment says it?s now been found in the deepest depths of the ocean and the highest mountains in the world.

Maybe appropro of this... I feel like the number of people I know with intestinal/colon cancer has increased a lot in just the last couple years.

Ingesting all that crud has to be bad for us.

and people are drinking more bottled water lately. (we switched to that exclusively after losing water and having pipes replaced a week and a half ago). I can't help but notice the plastic taste in the water. THAT can't be good...

They are obviously RINO's, as we all know to be a true red-blooded republican, you have to love coal mines, oil wells, and hydraulic fracking for natural gas, while hating wind turbines, anything solar-powered including calculators, and tree-hugging hippies.

They are obviously RINO's, as we all know to be a true red-blooded republican, you have to love coal mines, oil wells, and hydraulic fracking for natural gas, while hating wind turbines, anything solar-powered including calculators, and tree-hugging hippies.

Yes, the collaborative spirit that The Hill article advocates, and you are at the tip of the spear.

?An openness to diverse opinions and ideas, comfort with nuance, a heavy dose of humility and an eagerness to forge common cause with uncommon allies can all pull us back from the brink and back toward something resembling a healthy, productive body politic.?

Yes, the collaborative spirit that The Hill article advocates, and you are at the tip of the spear.

?An openness to diverse opinions and ideas, comfort with nuance, a heavy dose of humility and an eagerness to forge common cause with uncommon allies can all pull us back from the brink and back toward something resembling a healthy, productive body politic.?

I couldn't find a more centrist source, but spin aside, it claims this came from a GOP pollster.

I couldn't find a more centrist source, but spin aside, it claims this came from a GOP pollster.

The article is credited to:

Rev. Kyle Meyaard-Schaap is vice president of the Evangelical Environmental Network. Kiera O?Brien is the founder and president of Young Conservatives for Carbon Dividends. Both are Public Voices fellows of the Yale Program on Climate Change Communication and the OpEd Project

The article is credited to:

Rev. Kyle Meyaard-Schaap is vice president of the Evangelical Environmental Network. Kiera O?Brien is the founder and president of Young Conservatives for Carbon Dividends. Both are Public Voices fellows of the Yale Program on Climate Change Communication and the OpEd Project

So it makes sense they'd report this and spin it pro-climate, but would they lie about who did they survey or what the objective numbers were?

Back