Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coach Prime

Coach Sanders was expressing his opinion again. It's all over the Information Superhighway. No need to link it here.

Maybe I'm just looking for a way to hate Deion Sanders, but the CBS writeup noted that TCU lost A LOT from last year. Colorado's running game was non-existent, and while they did set a school passing record for yards, more than half of them came from receivers making plays after the catch. their running back had like 110 yards receiving, and only four (4) were before the catch.

TCU's pass defense was non-existent, and let this become a shootout. Finally bit them in the ass, I guess.

Nebraska's defense looked tough(ish) against Minnesota, but it's early in the season... hard to know if Minnesota's offense was just as lousy as they looked.

Should be a more fun week 2! This is why they play the games, I guess!

I should say "... continue to hate Deion Sanders" because I couldn't stand him when he was a player and that really hasn't changed much.

I have mixed feelings. Like Deion Sanders dumping ice water on Tim McCarver. Wait ...

Reading about Colorado/TCU reminded me of one of those RichRod-coached shootouts (of the few that he managed to win) at Michigan. Like 67-65 vs. UI, or 42-35 against IU. You see a bunch of school records fall in those games, but if you actually watched them play, you'd have to engage in all sorts of mental gymnastics (or be drunk) to claim that was a better offense than, say, 2006, or even 2007. And it was certainly not a better team... but to a lot of people, watching wide-open guys scramble for dozens of yards after the catch is more exciting to watch than watching actual good football.

I don't see Deion being at CU for many years. Three perhaps, before he moves to a program with a greater chance of winning a championship.

I keep waiting for this overhyped, one-dimensional team to get beaten badly. Damnit. Deion's schtick of having some "outrage" to motivate his team every week so far is already "past it's prime" in my opinion.

Oh, well, the season is young and they play @Oregon next week...

I keep waiting for this overhyped, one-dimensional team to get beaten badly. Damnit. Deion's schtick of having some "outrage" to motivate his team every week so far is already "past it's prime" in my opinion.

Oh, well, the season is young and they play @Oregon next week...

They should have lost to C S U. I think the Buffs get herded and slaughtered in Eugene.

Last edited:
They should have lost to C S U. I think the Buffs get herded and slaughtered in Eugene.

Oregon doesn't have a great defense. They should win the game at home but I think Colorado will be able to score on them. Losing Travis Hunter will hurt though. I'd take CU to cover the 21

Oregon doesn't have a great defense. They should win the game at home but I think Colorado will be able to score on them. Losing Travis Hunter will hurt though. I'd take CU to cover the 21

Maybe more like the Ore - Texas Tech game, with Oregon scoring 50+.

Thanks.

I wouldn?t be able to find my head if it wasn?t attached to my shoulders by my neck.

Sounds like the Colorado offense was having similar problems, when its collective head was attached to its collective body all along.

Sounds like the Colorado offense was having similar problems, when its collective head was attached to its collective body all along.

Seems like high school teammates dubbed him with that moniker when he was a multi-sport star back in the way back.

Cool.

He?s the only athlete to participate in a World Series and a Super Bowl.

Phenomenal.

But he?s not the show anymore - he?s a coach.

Insisting on being called by his high school nickname is juvenile and unbecoming.

Coach Sanders - be better.

Apparently Coach Sanders didn't know the name of the player who snaps the football to his own son.

I love Coach! I can?t say I?ve ever seen Boulder with such Buzz and I lived there four years following undergrad. The stories about him locally include driving his doolie to the diner and talking to absolutely everybody ? all the little old ladies love him! He?s got the Alumni and fans along for the ride!

Giddy up!

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0f4BTisD6zhg6H8N6nHUWQSyA
0f4BTisD6zhg6H8N6nHUWQSyA

Last edited:
Colorado players report jewelry swiped from UCLA locker room

This is funny. They wear thick gold chains during games, flash high end watches, and look like rich rappers before and after games...they are inviting thievs!

This quote made me laugh: "I just got mine, bro. I had the jewelry box and everything, bro. They took it off my jewelry box."

Leave your jewelry boxes at home :lmao:

?They stole multiple thousands of dollars out of my bag.? I think this guy is a staffer. But why have so much cash? I have had the same $6 on me for a year and a half.

?They stole multiple thousands of dollars out of my bag.? I think this guy is a staffer. But why have so much cash? I have had the same $6 on me for a year and a half.

Mitch, we ain't in the Club, and we should be happy for that. However, our next step should be to permanently disassociate ourselves from supporting it.

Back