Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coaching Changes

Talk about a strange day.

For such a big deal its pretty low on the NHL news sites.

McLellan gone, Hitchcock out of retirement for what seems like 4th time.

Yeo gone, no replacement yet.

Already up to 4 changes this season, showing last year of 0 during the regular season was an anomaly.

It seems like they fired the wrong guy in Edmonton.

Last edited:
Hockey coaches in the NHL have the shortest leash IMO, except for in Detroit, where there is no apparent leash.

Anaheim's loyalty to Carlyle is unfathomable at this point. This past weekend Anaheim got blown out by Winnipeg. Gibson allowed 6 goals in the first period before Carlyle relented to his player's wishes of pulling Gibson.

They lost 9-3 to Winnipeg and followed up that loss with another to Toronto, 6-1.

They have 2 wins in their past 18 games! This isn't just a we are losing cause Corey Perry is injured situation, this is a coaching failure.

Also given that Yzerman took over as GM, expect Blashill to be gone within the year. Its the typical solution whenever a new GM takes over. Take that 2 year extension as a payment bonus for Blash.

Also given that Yzerman took over as GM, expect Blashill to be gone within the year. Its the typical solution whenever a new GM takes over. Take that 2 year extension as a payment bonus for Blash.

Didn?t he give him the big thumbs up in the press conference today though ? I guess he had to say that but still I hope you are right.

Didn?t he give him the big thumbs up in the press conference today though ? I guess he had to say that but still I hope you are right.

He was high praising him that's for sure but a new GM you're not going to talk like he's bad fish about to be thrown out.

Back