Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Team Notes Over 3 Million Views!!! Thankyou!

Detroit Tigers Team Notes

Detroit Tigers manager Jim Leyland handled Brandon Inge incident perfectly
There is a lot that goes into being a major league manager. Filling out the lineup card and handling the pitching staff are only a couple aspects.
Another is dealing with situations like the one that transpired Wednesday night when Tigers third baseman Brandon Inge's throw to second base - instead of the obvious plays at third or first - might have cost the Tigers a victory in a pennant race.
Inge is a matchstick among Tiger fans. And they were upset after the game, not only with the play itself, but also Inge claiming he made the right play.
It would have been disingenuous of Leyland to outright defend Inge on that play. Nobody would have bought it. It was clearly a mistake, which Leyland stated.
But he did so in manner that didn't throw Inge under the bus, either. He was respectful of his player at a time when it is particularly needed by that player.
I'm not sure a less experienced manager would have handled it as well.
from the Oakland Press

Detroit Tigers Team Notes

Tigers, Leyland hope to get Carlos Guillen back soon.
Tigers manager Jim Leyland said on Friday that he hoped to get Carlos Guillen back by Sept. 1.
Guillen, who has played just 22 games this season, has been sidelined since Aug. 14 with a sore left wrist.
"I have no idea," Leyland said of when Guillen would be back. "I'm hoping Sept. 1. I'm hoping he can go out and play [in rehab games] a little bit before that, maybe. And then be activated Sept. 1, I hope."
from the Tigers official site

Back