Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dominic Raiola

I'm not saying Swanson is better than Crayola. Just saying Crayola is bad. And if we lose are you going to say its because of Crayola? You don't lose games like this because of a C. And not one of his leve.

Maybe you don't, but that doesn't mean that they can't or won't. It would have to be a loss directly attributable to Travis' performance @ C.

Last edited:
Maybe you don't, but that doesn't mean that they can't or won't.

Of course not. He still stinks though ;-)..look at it this way, if he was any good you think others would say "I can't wait until he's gone?" or "Release him already?" or "I hope he gets two games?" or "Can't wait until the putz is gone?"

d
Of course not. He still stinks though ;-)..look at it this way, if he was any good you think others would say "I can't wait until he's gone?" or "Release him already?" or "I hope he gets two games?" or "Can't wait until the putz is gone?"

Lions needed to acquire or grooms Crayola's replacement @ least a year and a half ago. Too bad that their last HC was failing @ his job, and the current HC needed to prove his worth, or something might have been done to make the transition sooner, not throwing Swanson into an injury (or in this case...due to pure idiocy) replacement situation.

Swanson will be fine. He has been practicing at center all year because no coach is stupid enough to not have your QBs and centers rotate practice snaps. He has also been involved almost the full year playing on the OL.

I would venture that this actually helps the Lions vs GB, if for no other reason than Raiola won't be out there committing stupid penalties that screw up big plays, TDs, etc

Not saying Swanson is an improvement blocking wise nor calling blocking schemes for the OL, but I am confident he is better now than at the start of the year, so I'm hopeful he can have an ok to good game.

I can't stand Brandon Marshall, so I find this extremely funny. Sorry, I'm a little crude. Dom stomping that guy was uncalled for, and I could care less if he got banned. But the Brandon Marshall comment...Bravo Dom!!

Last edited:
It might be funny but it's prolly not something to mock like that

Yeah, cuz I'm sure nobody in NFL history has mocked anybody on their shortcomings. Getting in your your opponents head on a weekly basis is a tactic used by every team, every gameday. The fact that Dom got in Marshalls fucked up brain is just priceless. Crybaby Marshall has got to add a comment to anything going on with the Lions. He had it coming imo. Maybe he should try to straighten up his own mess of team instead of worrying about everybody else. Just sayin...

Yeah, cuz I'm sure nobody in NFL history has mocked anybody on their shortcomings. Getting in your your opponents head on a weekly basis is a tactic used by every team, every gameday. The fact that Dom got in Marshalls fucked up brain is just priceless. Crybaby Marshall has got to add a comment to anything going on with the Lions. He had it coming imo. Maybe he should try to straighten up his own mess of team instead of worrying about everybody else. Just sayin...

Fine I'm just really pissed he did that Sunday, biggest game in years coming up and he goes and commits an act determental to the team and entire fan base it's inexcusable and I don't beleive him when he says it was accidental the reply clearly shows him looking straight down before he thrusts his leg into his ankle and he continues to lie about it imo, he says ego ferguson accepted his apology after the game the Bears player ego ferguson claims that is not true either and that he did not accept his apology...

I just hope the lions can overcome this Sunday and that sawson plays well, far as I'm concerned Dom should not be back next year, he should retire the. Go seek help

The cover up is always worse than the crime riola people are much more forgiving when you admit you have a problem

Last edited:
Any coach that goes in the national media and tries to minimize something like this is worse than the dbag commiting the act itself. Im a fan of football before a fan of the lions....raoila is a dirtbag. Caldwell supporting a dirtbag is ridiculous.

What interview did you just listen to? lol. Cause the one i heard with Dan Miller interviewing him was not anything like you said. Caldwell said he didn't see the play happen (believable). After the game, he said they watched multiple angles of tape of Raiola stepping on Ferguson. Then he told Miller he understood why the league was looking at a suspension for Dom. He never bashed or backed up Raiola.

I was reading about the suspension on profootball talk and I swear those writers over there hate the Lions, especially Florio and Michael David Smith. At the end of the article written by Florio he just throws out that Suh stomped a player 3 years ago.

"I took a good look at it," Caldwell said Monday during his weekly news conference before the suspension became official. "I looked at both the coaches' copy and the television copy. I believe what Dom told me, that it was inadvertent."

great our dumbass coach is frikken blind...or dumb....or both. He backed him after the NE game and now hes backing him again. Our coach is an idiot. You want to show a new team what youre all about you should be making an example out of players like raoila...but instead the spineless sack does nothing.

"I took a good look at it," Caldwell said Monday during his weekly news conference before the suspension became official. "I looked at both the coaches' copy and the television copy. I believe what Dom told me, that it was inadvertent."

great our dumbass coach is frikken blind...or dumb....or both. He backed him after the NE game and now hes backing him again. Our coach is an idiot. You want to show a new team what youre all about you should be making an example out of players like raoila...but instead the spineless sack does nothing.

I didn't hear that part of the interview.

Yep. I said in in the OP. Throw this human pile of garbage where he belongs...on the trash heap.

Caldwell is professional to a fault. He never says much of anything valuable, but he never throws anybody under the bus either. His statement tells me he has his players' backs, even if they don't really deserve it. He's a players' coach, so that's understandable.

He's not much of a coach, but at least the players seem to like him...

Caldwell is professional to a fault. He never says much of anything valuable, but he never throws anybody under the bus either. His statement tells me he has his players' backs, even if they don't really deserve it. He's a players' coach, so that's understandable.

He's not much of a coach, but at least the players seem to like him...

He's a good coach..cmon

He's a good coach..cmon

He's a great person. Is the team appreciably better than they were last year overall? It feels like the main difference so far are the fluky things (turnovers for and against). We jumped from 30th last year to 10th so far this year, but those have no real carryover value from year to year.

Yes the defense is a lot better, but is that Caldwell or Austin? The offense is a lot worse, is that Lombardi or Caldwell? He's supposed to be a QB guru, but Matt's having a down year. I guess I just don't know. If someone hires Austin next year and we still tear it up on D, I'll say he's for sure a good coach. But right now we haven't learned a lot other than he's different. He looks silly on the sidelines and has poor clock management, but I'm not going to pretend that's a big part of being an NFL head coach.

I was reading about the suspension on profootball talk and I swear those writers over there hate the Lions, especially Florio and Michael David Smith. At the end of the article written by Florio he just throws out that Suh stomped a player 3 years ago.

I was thinking about that earlier...Suh has to be the most pissed at Raiola. People had finally moved on from the Suh stomp and now it will be mentioned in every single article/media report because of this.

Back