Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

Oh yeah. I have a short attention span :) I'm sure Xbox will work similar.

just finished staff of magnus quest at the college and became the arc mage at lvl 17 lol. Retarded long quest with little reward other than you get the arc mages room and find a couple dragon fights along the way.

mhughes0021 said:
just finished staff of magnus quest at the college and became the arc mage at lvl 17 lol. Retarded long quest with little reward other than you get the arc mages room and find a couple dragon fights along the way.

The Arc Mages robes are sweet. Check your inventory, you have those now. I'm still using those at level 39 whenever I feel like Destro'ing

The Mad Bomber said:
mhughes0021 said:

The Arc Mages robes are sweet. Check your inventory, you have those now. I'm still using those at level 39 whenever I feel like Destro'ing

Ya dont go magic exclusively much though. Mask from malokei or whatever is anothe nice mage piece I got but dont seem to use much. Hoping tgere are some fights along they way that ill need to fight at a distance and ill dual wield destruction.

That's the Mana Regen increase by 100% one? I use that pretty often...

I'm mostly just playing with the Magic System more. Chain Lightning is a fun spell. Ran into a Bandit Camp the other day and Dual Cast Chain Lightning and insta killed 4 guys. They fuckin FLEW back from the blasts. Was sweet.

The Mad Bomber said:
That's the Mana Regen increase by 100% one? I use that pretty often...

I'm mostly just playing with the Magic System more. Chain Lightning is a fun spell. Ran into a Bandit Camp the other day and Dual Cast Chain Lightning and insta killed 4 guys. They fuckin FLEW back from the blasts. Was sweet.

lol ya im skilling the lightning path so if i ever make it up to disintigrate chan lightning could be real fun to watch a group of people just go "poof!"

mhughes0021 said:
im the Arch Mage decked out in dragonplate armor XD

i use magic offhand for my battle-mage thing, but that was enough to qualify me as arch mage lmao. mostly i smash peoples skulls in with maces.

Fought the first Alduin fight today at lvl 20
laugh.png
Storyline getting cooler lol

What lvl did you guys finish the main storyline at? Ive noticed its getting harder to lvl up so i was thinking of spending some time clearing up some quests before the final fight.

I've barely even worked on it. Been wandering around, and working on side quests.

I'm level 41 now, trying to max out Destruction cuz it's fun (even tho the magic system is gay!!)

There's a mod you can install that changes all the Dragons in the game to look like Randy "Macho Man" Savage

Instead of like a roar when they breath fire, you hear Macho Man going "Yeaaaahhh"

it's fucking hysterical

The Mad Bomber said:
I've barely even worked on it. Been wandering around, and working on side quests.

I'm level 41 now, trying to max out Destruction cuz it's fun (even tho the magic system is gay!!)

What the heck are the "expert level" lightning spells anyways? The books i see from the vendors are always the same. Or do they gain more spells to sell you once you actually become an expert?

Chain Lightning is fun but i have to save alot cause i end up murdering Lydia by accident atleast once per quest lol

mhughes0021 said:
The Mad Bomber said:

What the heck are the "expert level" lightning spells anyways? The books i see from the vendors are always the same. Or do they gain more spells to sell you once you actually become an expert?

Chain Lightning is fun but i have to save alot cause i end up murdering Lydia by accident atleast once per quest lol

Yeah Lydia is been at home with my wife for the last few days while I wander around chaing lightning

mhughes0021 said:
The Mad Bomber said:

There's upgraded versions of all the minor level spells. So like Shock has upgraded levls that tick for more damage than the base spell does, but it costs more mana to channel. Same thing with the ice and fire ones.

I'm DYING tho to get to 100 Destruction so I can spec Disintegrate. I bet that looks sweet.

The Mad Bomber said:
mhughes0021 said:

There's upgraded versions of all the minor level spells. So like Shock has upgraded levls that tick for more damage than the base spell does, but it costs more mana to channel. Same thing with the ice and fire ones.

I'm DYING tho to get to 100 Destruction so I can spec Disintegrate. I bet that looks sweet.

ya whenever i get some gold i go to Faralda (sp) at the college and have her teach me detruction. gets kinda expensive lol....like 1500 gold per level. im up to lvl 61 destruction at lvl 20...so im off to a good start. My biggest problem is finding a good vendor to sell shit too....none of them have any gold. Economy in skyrim sucks worse than the US lol.

Youi can learn spells from allt he Court Wizards in the Jarl Palaces also. Most of them train the spell too, pricing seems to be universal.

Ya I buy 5 points of Destruction every time I level. Averaging about 10k per 5 points atm. Need to kill off a few small villages to pay for my next round...

Dude the money is annoying. I think I have it figured though.

What you do, is you pile up tons of magical shit that you don't want. Go to your trainer, and train your Destruction up 5 points. Usually gonna cost you at that level around 8-10k Then sell everything back to the vendor. Most times if you pile the right shit, you can dump off ur stuff and get most of your money back you just spent training.

Outside of that, it blows... most vendors have like 800 - 1500 gold on them. That's enough to sell like 2-3 things...

Unless you can find a Mage trainer that you can marry. Or that you can get to be a follower. I have Aela the Huntress as my wife atm. Whenever I train Archery with her I can just get the money right back out of her inventory - just she has to be following you when you train

The Mad Bomber said:
Unless you can find a Mage trainer that you can marry. Or that you can get to be a follower. I have Aela the Huntress as my wife atm. Whenever I train Archery with her I can just get the money right back out of her inventory - just she has to be following you when you train

In the dats i guess youre supposed to be able to marry lydia but shes glitched for some reason and im on ps3 so i cant change any of them :/ shes hawt.

Im saving the beast mode quest for end game lol...took me on this long side quest and lydia got lost and dunno where she went lol.

She's dead. Most likely.

My Lydia I found under a bush on a river front way the hell out at that prison in the far north west of the map... I massacred the entire prison and she must've been collateral damage. I spent no less than 6 hours of my life wandering around looking for her.

I'd want to marry a trainer though of some kind because at least then you get Free Training. Aela the Huntress teaches you Archery, so you get free training. If there's a mage follower you can get that teaches any of the schools, I'd do that. Haven't found one, tho I haven't been looking. Maybe I'll "divorce" Aela and see if I can find one. 10k for 5 points is gettin pricey and it's going up fast.

Back