Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

there are no destruction trainers you can marry male or female :/

NPC trainers you can marry:

Female:

aela archery
dravynea alteration
ghorza smithing
grelka light armor
njada block

male:

Athis one hand
balimund smithing
farkas heavy armor
revyn speech
scouts light armor
vilkas 2 handed

The Mad Bomber said:
mhughes0021 said:
What the heck are the "expert level" lightning spells anyways? The books i see from the vendors are always the same. Or do they gain more spells to sell you once you actually become an expert?

Chain Lightning is fun but i have to save alot cause i end up murdering Lydia by accident atleast once per quest lol

There's upgraded versions of all the minor level spells. So like Shock has upgraded levls that tick for more damage than the base spell does, but it costs more mana to channel. Same thing with the ice and fire ones.

I'm DYING tho to get to 100 Destruction so I can spec Disintegrate. I bet that looks sweet.

Found the higher tier spells:

Thunderbolt: Expert level (75)

Lightning Storm: Master level (100)

The Mad Bomber said:
Go to the Steed Stone near Solace and use it - increases your carrying capacity by 100 I think and makes it so you have no movement penalty from wearing armor.

Thanks finally got around to this, changed my life.

Did the 1st fight with Alduin last night on top of the Greybeard's mountain.

Fucker kept kililng me (like 3 times in a row the cock knocker). Cuz I kept missing the god damn Dragonrend. Hard as shit to aim when he's flying. Finally got him grounded and beat his ASS. His fire hurts a lot more than the little shit dragons you beat down all the time... but was no match for my "Devourer of Solace" health stealing sword.

that quest line was fun though going and find the Elder Scroll...

You guys side with the Deamon that you talk to after you turn the Infused Core back to the crazy guy out on the ice that tells you about the location of the scroll? I did. Off to collect blood... muahaha

The Mad Bomber said:
Did the 1st fight with Alduin last night on top of the Greybeard's mountain.

Fucker kept kililng me (like 3 times in a row the cock knocker). Cuz I kept missing the god damn Dragonrend. Hard as shit to aim when he's flying. Finally got him grounded and beat his ASS. His fire hurts a lot more than the little shit dragons you beat down all the time... but was no match for my "Devourer of Solace" health stealing sword.

that quest line was fun though going and find the Elder Scroll...

You guys side with the Deamon that you talk to after you turn the Infused Core back to the crazy guy out on the ice that tells you about the location of the scroll? I did. Off to collect blood... muahaha

Stand near the Stone wall that gives you the word and less rocks hit you during the Alduin fight. But ya Dragonrend was a bitch to land in that fight lol.

You also have a choice to kill his brother from a blades quest....though i chose not to lol.

Finding the elder scroll is a looong map if i remember right. got a little tricky at the end too....good luck
laugh.png

I just finished that blood quest....theres a cheat once you get the reward. Its a book you read that upgrades like 5 areas but then you can put the book immediately into a bookcase and reread it and level up again...rinse repeat and POOOOF youre lvl 100 in everything lol. Youtube it and itll show you how to do it...just need a bookshelf in your own house. Oghma Infinium is the book or something like that.

I also completed the daedra quests for "dawnbreaker" sword and mehrunes edge. Going to look up some other Daedra quests...they seem to be pretty good items.

Did the Dawnbreaker quest. That's the statue thing. That one was cool cuz she ports you way up in the air.

THere's another one at the bottom of the Abondoned House where you get this mace which is pretty bad ass. I think Mitch did that one. It Soul Steals whatever you kill as long as you have an empty Shard.

Comes in pretty handy.

Up to 90 Destruction Magic now. Using Incinerate a lot, Thunderbolt, both the Lightnign and Frost Cloaks. Both of those are ranked up to +50% damage.

Also found that most of the mobs in this game are very dumb (duuuh) so you can use Runes and they just go plodding along and stomp right in them. Easy to drag and kill melee mobs. Works great for those big huge Dwarven robot things that shoot steam.

I don't know if I want to do a cheat to get 100 in every skill. Sure it would be fun, but in my experience when ur 100 in everyting the game gets too easy and you lsoe interest. I don't want this game to end!!

The Mad Bomber said:
Did the Dawnbreaker quest. That's the statue thing. That one was cool cuz she ports you way up in the air.

THere's another one at the bottom of the Abondoned House where you get this mace which is pretty bad ass. I think Mitch did that one. It Soul Steals whatever you kill as long as you have an empty Shard.

Comes in pretty handy.

Up to 90 Destruction Magic now. Using Incinerate a lot, Thunderbolt, both the Lightnign and Frost Cloaks. Both of those are ranked up to +50% damage.

Also found that most of the mobs in this game are very dumb (duuuh) so you can use Runes and they just go plodding along and stomp right in them. Easy to drag and kill melee mobs. Works great for those big huge Dwarven robot things that shoot steam.

I don't know if I want to do a cheat to get 100 in every skill. Sure it would be fun, but in my experience when ur 100 in everyting the game gets too easy and you lsoe interest. I don't want this game to end!!

Ya lol i think ill only use it if i decide to lvl another character. Gonna do it legit the first time through.

That area in the bottom of the Dwarven city though.. the underground place with the floating pod things was a cool area. Sorta reminded me of Zangermarsh in WoW if you ever played that... Those Charra's or whatever they are... the lizard's things that spit that poison shit at you - those things got the jump on me down there outta nowhere.

I'm wandering around, picking those little red leaf plant things for that quest and all of a sudden there's 5 red dots on my overhead and I got blasted by that shit while I'm in my mage gear. Dropped like immediately. I was pissed too cuz I hadn't saved in a few min - lost like 10 plants. Def. said some loud profanity.

It's funny... I'm level 44 now and who knows how many hours I have in. Game is still so damn fun

I think I can hit 100 Destruction tonight. Just need to max out my Enchanting next so I can make some killer Mana Regen shit. I have some alright stuff now, but I still run out of mana fast. I think I'm at 300 mana or close.

In Morrowind I had a ring I self Enchanted that recovered health faster than I could lose it if I was drowning. Pretty funny. Would be sweet to get to the point where my mana pool lated longer than like 5-6 of the higher level spells.

I haven't played in some time with SWTOR being the game of choice at the moment.

The Mad Bomber said:
I think I can hit 100 Destruction tonight. Just need to max out my Enchanting next so I can make some killer Mana Regen shit. I have some alright stuff now, but I still run out of mana fast. I think I'm at 300 mana or close.

In Morrowind I had a ring I self Enchanted that recovered health faster than I could lose it if I was drowning. Pretty funny. Would be sweet to get to the point where my mana pool lated longer than like 5-6 of the higher level spells.

i double up on the jagged crown and either the morokei or nahkriin masks. You can equip both the jagged crown and one of the masks at the same time. Helps with mana regen tremendously.

Killed Alduin the other day, then started a new game as a rogue. Didn't make an additional save game for my Warrior/Mage thinking... "Hey, this isn't a first generation RPG, they gotta know people will roll new classes and will have their own save game's that as character specific."

Nope.

So I completely lost my Warrior/Mage Save Games.

Oh well.

Thief is a lot of fun. Already hit 100 Pickpocket (it was crazy fast) and I'm around 70-ish Sneak. Backstabs are insane damage.

Ouch lol....did that once when I let the kid start a new char. I checked my game saves in the playstation menu and luckily there were a couple autosaves.

I never did finish this game yet so I had an itching to play it so I decided to purchase the PC version. So I'm about to start a new game on my 2 month old laptop. I suppose I could continue my PS3 game, save me some money but nothing better than gaming on the PC.

The only bad part is you's figure they have a digital DL sale by now but still 59.99, oh well.

:cheers:

I still love this game. Lol. Nothing better than seeing a chick sitting by a fire, not killer her but stealing her shit from a chest behind her without her noticing, haha. Awesome.

Last edited:
Ya I think I've officially done everything in this game. Done all the factions start to finish.

Only 1 thing left to do:

I will begin later my quest to kill every person in the game. One of my favorite past times from my Ultima series days.

Ya I think I've officially done everything in this game. Done all the factions start to finish.

Only 1 thing left to do:

I will begin later my quest to kill every person in the game. One of my favorite past times from my Ultima series days.

I might have to do that. It sounds like fun but do the characters in game reappear?

Back