Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Election Aftermath

I expect that there will be a lot of retribution and cancelling over the next few years for those who will refuse to assimilate, in ways large and small. I'm reminded that Biden claims to be the original author of the original Patriot Act.

I anticipate a far more robust version is already in the hopper, that names a new enemy: The Domestic Terrorist.

I am reasonably certain that even a commoner like me can initiate legislation: I want to introduce HR 1234 -- The Anti Lying Bill, that expels any federal elected official from office if they are caught in a lie when making an official statement.

All Trump did was send rude and crass tweets. This new regime is going to get serious about running things.

Last edited:
I'm reminded that Biden claims to be the original author of the original Patriot Act.

Agreed. Just wait, after the Capitol storming, Patriot Act 2: Electric Boogaloo is going to be something.

Last edited:
That opinion is ancillary to the pending response of the Democrats, which will be epic. And for our own "good."
I mean, the family separations, environmental regulation rollbacks, regulatory capture, lining his own pockets with all the golf/hotel stuff, downplaying covid and mocking mask wearing...I'd rather have 10 times the rude and crass tweets than that stuff.

I mean, the family separations, environmental regulation rollbacks, regulatory capture, lining his own pockets with all the golf/hotel stuff, downplaying covid and mocking mask wearing...I'd rather have 10 times the rude and crass tweets than that stuff.

The family separations were there with Obama, too. Not discounting it, just saying.

We are about to get smothered in government, enabled by a watchful citizenry. And the consequences of non-compliance will be serious.

The family separations were there with Obama, too. Not discounting it, just saying.

We are about to get smothered in government, enabled by a watchful citizenry. And the consequences of non-compliance will be serious.
Have you been following the other thread on this?

I mean, what you're just saying is a big deal. It's about motivation. Family separation should be detested and avoided as much as possible. Not doing enough to avoid it is a world of gray area - that's where we were under Obama, that's where we are now. But the second you see it as a good thing, and do it in an avoidable circumstance to 'send a message' that's immoral. The fact that we did less of it, then did more of it, then did less of it again, demonstrates that we did it when it was avoidable.

Have you been following the other thread on this?

Marginally. I oppose the separation of families in detention in all cases. I also oppose allowing them into the country with impunity. Mexico is the literal funnel where illegals from Mexico and Central America filter into Texas, as immigration to Mexico has decreased to the point where it's an actual negative number.

Obviously Biden will ease restrictions on asylum claims and accelerate amnesty for illegals in the U.S., which will encourage more of the same influx, usw.

And human smuggling will never be eradicated completely. It's too lucrative.

I knew someone who was a legal immigrant from Mexico, had a good job, had siblings in the US with good jobs, all here legally. He and his siblings were trying to get their mother admitted into the U.S. and after spending nearly $10,000 in application and legal fees and three denials, they finally gave up. This was when Obama was president.

Last edited:
Bread and circuses for the proles:

??Celebrating America? Inauguration Special With Demi Lovato, Justin Timberlake & More: How to Watch? and ?Lady Gaga Set to Perform National Anthem at Biden-Harris Inauguration | Billboard News?​

No health care, living wages, job security, or education reform... a lot of empty pageantry today.

Marginally. I oppose the separation of families in detention in all cases. I also oppose allowing them into the country with impunity. Mexico is the literal funnel where illegals from Mexico and Central America filter into Texas, as immigration to Mexico has decreased to the point where it's an actual negative number.

Obviously Biden will ease restrictions on asylum claims and accelerate amnesty for illegals in the U.S., which will encourage more of the same influx, usw.

And human smuggling will never be eradicated completely. It's too lucrative.

I knew someone who was a legal immigrant from Mexico, had a good job, had siblings in the US with good jobs, all here legally. He and his siblings were trying to get their mother admitted into the U.S. and after spending nearly $10,000 in application and legal fees and three denials, they finally gave up. This was when Obama was president.

we need cheap labor that we can beat, abuse, underpay and deport if they get too uppity for our non-union factories and farms... legal immigration is not a priority.

I mean, what you're just saying is a big deal. It's about motivation. Family separation should be detested and avoided as much as possible. Not doing enough to avoid it is a world of gray area - that's where we were under Obama, that's where we are now. But the second you see it as a good thing, and do it in an avoidable circumstance to 'send a message' that's immoral. The fact that we did less of it, then did more of it, then did less of it again, demonstrates that we did it when it was avoidable.

See #70. I also think there are other issues that are a "big deal" that others are neutral on or even endorse. Some involve killing of innocent human life. Sometimes we do less and more of it, and it is "avoidable" in every, single, individual circumstance.

we need cheap labor that we can beat, abuse, underpay and deport if they get too uppity for our non-union factories and farms... legal immigration is not a priority.

So your party is party to their abuse and so is the "other" one.

Last edited:
I didn't vote for (either in the primary or the general), or campaign, or support this guy.

It's not a "gotcha" statement. Just indicative of the abject evil force that the U.S. Government has become, and now its teeth are bared.

Last edited:
It's not a "gotcha" statement. Just indicative of the abject evil force that the U.S. Government has become, and now its teeth are bared.

If you consider the US more or less a military junta, protecting the economic interests of several dozen multi-national corporations, while being "officially" represented by a 1-party that goes by two names, everything we do makes a lot more sense.

just try not to get in the way of the gears turning as you collect the peanuts and scraps the machine drops. And hope you die before it all collapses!

If you consider the US more or less a military junta, protecting the economic interests of several dozen multi-national corporations, while being "officially" represented by a 1-party that goes by two names, everything we do makes a lot more sense.

just try not to get in the way of the gears turning as you collect the peanuts and scraps the machine drops. And hope you die before it all collapses!

My Kingdom is not of the earth, so I'll manage. My concern is for the masses whose kingdom is of this earth. They won't.

My Kingdom is not of the earth, so I'll manage. My concern is for the masses whose kingdom is of this earth. They won't.

well, now, yeah, if you got yourself a whole kingdom, you're not doing too shabby there, Louis XIV...

Back